Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > IPTV decoded at bit-tech.net

IPTV decoded at bit-tech.net

Silverstrand Silverstrand is offline
Senior Member
Silverstrand's Avatar
Location: Wisconsin

Lost. 24. Depserate Housewives. Forget broadcast television. The future is here, and it's IPTV. We investigate what's hot, what's not, where you can download it and whether you'll break the law doing so. We also look at great geek shows like Diggnation and Hak5.

Quote: "RSS is a crucial enabler for IPTV. Take the TV show model - new episodes of a show generally go out once or twice a week. Using RSS, rather than remembering to tune in at the same time every week and drop what you're doing, the latest episode of the show is pushed to you in MPEG format for you to watch wherever and whenever you want. Isn't that far more convenient?"

Link: http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2006/05..._primer/1.html