Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > VHDL -> PCB netlist ?

VHDL -> PCB netlist ?

Stuart J Adams

Is there a free or low-cost tool available which would
produce a netlist for PCB layout from VHDL ?? (I would
like to specify the board design in VHDL rather than
schematic form)

Thanks,
Stuart

Niv

> Is there a free or low-cost tool available which would
> produce a netlist for PCB layout from VHDL ?? (I would
> like to specify the board design in VHDL rather than
> schematic form)

That just doesn't make sense!

David Tweed

Stuart J Adams wrote:
> Is there a free or low-cost tool available which would
> produce a netlist for PCB layout from VHDL ?? (I would
> like to specify the board design in VHDL rather than
> schematic form)

I've never used it this way myself (but I've seen Josh do it),
but HDLmaker has some capabilities in this area. The feature
list includes:

* Converts PCB net lists into VHDL and Verilog
* Generates SCALD and PADS PCB board netlists

See http://www.polybus.com/hdlmaker/users_guide/
for details.

-- Dave Tweed

VHDL for PCB design? self VHDL 13 10-10-2009 07:11 PM
VHDL or PCB? Vagant VHDL 2 10-14-2007 11:19 PM
netlist from VHDL code Ruby VHDL 3 06-29-2005 08:22 PM
netlist from VHDL code Ruby VHDL 0 06-29-2005 04:45 PM
Converting synthesized VHDL/Verilog to spice netlist Noohul Ali VHDL 2 04-28-2005 11:25 AM

Advertisments