Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Problems with ConnectionPoint-Zero Configuration

Problems with ConnectionPoint-Zero Configuration

MARMAR

Hi, I've just bought a pc ASUS A7D and everthing was ok for 2 weeks:
throught Connection Point I could connect normally. Suddenly
ConnectionPoint stopped to work and hence I went to see in "Services"
if Zero Configuration was active but I discovered it wasn't present in
the list. So I compared this list to that of an other pc (whic works
normally) and I found out other than Zero Configuration 2 more services
lack:
-Windows time;
-Workstation.

So I tried to:
1) verify if reg system in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\WZCSVC

A value named "start" was present (yes)

2) read the technical documents of Microsoft, but they don't seem to me
usefull

3) install Zero Configuration in the following way:
network properties
Local Area Conn Properties
Install button select Services
push Add
Have Disk
Browse to C:\WINDOWS\inf\netwzc.inf

but nothing changes (Zero Configuration goes on not appearing in
"Services", ConnectionPoint continues to be inactive).

Thanks for any suggestion