Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Best wireless voip router - accept pstn in and multiple voip out - on one handset

Best wireless voip router - accept pstn in and multiple voip out - on one handset

Ivor Jones

"Andy Repton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On 2006-05-03, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> > WLAN7050 has two LAN ports so you should be ok with
> > that one, I'd check with AVM tech support on
> > www.avm.de/en (click on "service" then "support")
> > they're usually very good and respond quickly.
> >

> I wonder why my ticket with them has been open for over a
> week then?

That's unusual, I've always had a reply within 24 hours.

> I recently bought a 7050 and have been pleased with it,
> but the lack of response from AVM and the difficulty of
> finding online discussion in English has left me
> questioning my decision.o

What are you trying to find info on..? Maybe I can help.

> BTW it does have 2 LAN ports and they can be
> independently routed.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering about that.

Ivor

Andy Repton

On 2006-05-05, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What are you trying to find info on..? Maybe I can help.

I want to turn off NAT as I am switching ISPs and will have a
/27 routed to me. Any idea if it is possible and how to do it?

--
Andy Repton

Jim

Hi Andy ,
I have a Fritz!box winging its way to me from Ebay Germany
Before buying it I checked out having it converted to english and with Annex
A firmware from
this German Forum http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361
They are pretty helpful even if you do have to post in English

"Andy Repton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2006-05-05, Ivor Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> What are you trying to find info on..? Maybe I can help.

> I want to turn off NAT as I am switching ISPs and will have a
> /27 routed to me. Any idea if it is possible and how to do it?
>
> --
> Andy Repton

Thomas Kenyon

Jim wrote:
> Hi Andy ,
> I have a Fritz!box winging its way to me from Ebay Germany
> Before buying it I checked out having it converted to english and with Annex
> A firmware from
> this German Forum http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361
> They are pretty helpful even if you do have to post in English

Err, I thought the hardware was supposed to be marginally different
between versions as well.

Jim

A converted annex B will work fine on Annex A apparently

"Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lRi7g.5570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jim wrote:
>> Hi Andy ,
>> I have a Fritz!box winging its way to me from Ebay Germany
>> Before buying it I checked out having it converted to english and with
>> Annex
>> A firmware from
>> this German Forum http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361
>> They are pretty helpful even if you do have to post in English
>>

> Err, I thought the hardware was supposed to be marginally different
> between versions as well.

Ivor Jones

newsii7g.9689$(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi Andy ,
> I have a Fritz!box winging its way to me from Ebay
> Germany Before buying it I checked out having it converted to
> english and with Annex A firmware from
> this German Forum
> http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361 They are pretty
> helpful even if you do have to post in
> English

Be aware that there are certain hardware differences between Annex A and
Annex B devices; while reflashing the firmware *may* work, it is not
guaranteed.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Ivor Jones

news:z2j7g.2263$(E-Mail Removed)
> A converted annex B will work fine on Annex A apparently

Could you not top post please, it makes the thread very hard to follow.

Thanks.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Jono

Ivor Jones wrote on 07/05/2006 :
> Ivor
>
> --
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet and in e-mail?

..........but a blind person trying to follow a thread all of which is
bottom posted has a terrible time with a screen reader - more problems
than one who isn't blind trying to follow top-posted replies.

Half the time, it's a real PITA to scroll all the way down a message to
read a reply.

In line posting is my personal favourite. I see no real benefit with
either top or bottom posting. I see even less benefit in complaining.

Just my $0.02

Ivor Jones

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) yonder.com.co.uk

[snip]

> .........but a blind person trying to follow a thread all
> of which is bottom posted has a terrible time with a
> screen reader - more problems than one who isn't blind
> trying to follow top-posted replies.

Is the OP blind..? He has not mentioned it to my knowledge. If he is, I
apologise, but top posting is still intensely annoying to the majority of
users. It is convention on most groups to trim unnecessary content and
bottom post.

> Half the time, it's a real PITA to scroll all the way
> down a message to read a reply.

Which is why you trim, not just leave all the message there several times
over in a long thread.

> In line posting is my personal favourite. I see no real
> benefit with either top or bottom posting. I see even
> less benefit in complaining.

That's the British disease, never complain about anything. Which is one of
the reasons this country is in the state it's in, but that's getting
dangerously off topic even for me, so I'll shut up now..!

Ivor

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sun, 7 May 2006 18:28:37 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Which is one of
>the reasons this country is in the state it's in, but that's getting
>dangerously off topic even for me, so I'll shut up now..!

Not before time .