Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Not Connected

Not Connected

=?Utf-8?B?Tm90IENvbm5lY3RlZA==?=

Computer A has an open wireless connection, but when computer B tries to
connect it says not connected in the upper right hand corner while also
telling me i have a full open connection in the next paragraph. So computer B
had its connection droped about every 5 minutes and I need to go back in and
connect it. Repairing tells me it failed to connect to the wireless network.
I have restarted the computers and the connection several times with nothing
helping. What can i do to get a full, un-droped connection?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFkRG9n?=

If you are setting up an ad hoc network between two computers, perhaps this
may help:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...02april08.mspx

MD

"Not Connected" wrote:

> Computer A has an open wireless connection, but when computer B tries to
> connect it says not connected in the upper right hand corner while also
> telling me i have a full open connection in the next paragraph. So computer B
> had its connection droped about every 5 minutes and I need to go back in and
> connect it. Repairing tells me it failed to connect to the wireless network.
> I have restarted the computers and the connection several times with nothing
> helping. What can i do to get a full, un-droped connection?

=?Utf-8?B?Tm90IENvbm5lY3RlZA==?=

One problem, I'm useing a Lynxis Wireless G (sp?) router.