Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Windows Status from Dropdown Box

Windows Status from Dropdown Box

mponteres@gmail.com

Hi!

I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
dropdown box content was based on a database.

Hope you might help me.

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ] on Wednesday 03 May 2006 03:53 \__

> Hi!
>
> I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
> bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
> dropdown box content was based on a database.
>
> Hope you might help me.

Create a function as follows:

,----[ JS Code ]
| function add_status()
| {
| window.status = "Hello World"
| }
`----

Now add an argument:

,----[ JS Code ]
| function add_status(string)
| {
| window.status = string
| }
`----

(not tested, so assume syntax to be more like pseudo-code)

From the drop down menu, use the function to grab the entry (as in manu item)
string and pass it using add_status(menu_item). I believe it doesn't get any
more complex than that.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - The JavaScript newsgroup(s) may be more suitable for this question.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE GNU/Linux PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E

Dan

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> I want to write some text on the IE status bar

But what about users who are using a *better* browser?

--
Dan

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, (E-Mail Removed) vouchsafed:

> Hi!
>
> I have a dropdown box and I want to write some text on the IE status
> bar in every item that I select on the dropdown box. By the way, the
> dropdown box content was based on a database.

As you might see elsewhere around here, stop wanting that. The statusbar
is mine! (-as a visitor) and I'll brook no interference with it.

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.