Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > How to distinguish several <div>

How to distinguish several <div>

Luigi Donatello Asero

Hello,
I am building the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
On the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
I have tried to write much information about Italy.
I often update this page.
In order to distinguish several paragraphs I have also created different
Each of these has been distinguished through a "class" and and an "id"
I guess that I should define these classes and ids on my external style
sheet. But I wonder how I could distinguish them visually.
Would it be good to use different background colours? If I do that, the text
would get less readable.
Any suggestions?
I have also tried to create an index (under construction)
The same works
for https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> Hello,
> I am building the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
> On the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

> Any suggestions?

Hire a designer and become a two-man business?

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:ZdQ5g.19059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am building the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
> > On the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

> > Any suggestions?

> Hire a designer and become a two-man business?

If I should become a two-man business I would probably try and cooperate
with some person who does something else than design...
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:SFR5g.55294$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i

meddelandet
> news:ZdQ5g.19059$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > I am building the site https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
> > > On the page
> > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php

> > > Any suggestions?

> > Hire a designer and become a two-man business?

> If I should become a two-man business I would probably try and cooperate
> with some person who does something else than design...
> --

I am not sure that there is something called "two-man business"...anyway

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
今天二零零*年五月三日
星期三

Martin Jay

In message <sVP5g.55285$(E-Mail Removed)>, Luigi Donatello
Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>In order to distinguish several paragraphs I have also created different
>Each of these has been distinguished through a "class" and and an "id"
>I guess that I should define these classes and ids on my external style
>sheet. But I wonder how I could distinguish them visually.
>Would it be good to use different background colours? If I do that, the text
>would get less readable.

You could use coloured background, coloured text, or coloured borders.
Or all of them.

Obviously some colours go better together than others: even someone with
pretty good eyesight and a descent monitor will find yellow text on a
white background difficult to read.

A good web browser will allow visitors to ignore your styling if they
have difficulty with it or don't like it.
--
Martin Jay

dorayme

In article <sVP5g.55285$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On the page
> https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
> I have tried to write much information about Italy.
> I often update this page.
> In order to distinguish several paragraphs I have also created different
> Each of these has been distinguished through a "class" and and an "id"
> I guess that I should define these classes and ids on my external style
> sheet. But I wonder how I could distinguish them visually.
> Would it be good to use different background colours? If I do that, the text
> would get less readable.

Text won't get less readable because you have different
background colours unless you choose bad combinations. The big
problem with help on this particular query on your page is that
not many people here would be game to suggest any such solution
because it would add yet another layer of higgledepiggeldy to the
already quite higgledipiggeldy look of the whole thing.

--
dorayme

Toby Inkster

Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

> I am not sure that there is something called "two-man business"...anyway

Of course there is. It's a business a little bigger than a one man
business, and a little smaller than a three man business.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Luigi Donatello Asero

"Martin Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <sVP5g.55285$(E-Mail Removed)>, Luigi Donatello
> Asero <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >In order to distinguish several paragraphs I have also created different
> >Each of these has been distinguished through a "class" and and an "id"
> >I guess that I should define these classes and ids on my external style
> >sheet. But I wonder how I could distinguish them visually.
> >Would it be good to use different background colours? If I do that, the

text
> >would get less readable.

> You could use coloured background, coloured text, or coloured borders.
> Or all of them.
>
> Obviously some colours go better together than others: even someone with
> pretty good eyesight and a descent monitor will find yellow text on a
> white background difficult to read.
>
> A good web browser will allow visitors to ignore your styling if they
> have difficulty with it or don't like it.
> --
> Martin Jay

Borders might be an option.
However, colours are no efffective options for blind people...
so, how could I distinguish the divs in a way which is effective for them
as well?

--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
今天二零零*年五月三日
星期三

Luigi Donatello Asero

"dorayme" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i meddelandet
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <sVP5g.55285$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > On the page
> > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
> > I have tried to write much information about Italy.
> > I often update this page.
> > In order to distinguish several paragraphs I have also created different
> > Each of these has been distinguished through a "class" and and an "id"
> > I guess that I should define these classes and ids on my external style
> > sheet. But I wonder how I could distinguish them visually.
> > Would it be good to use different background colours? If I do that, the

text
> > would get less readable.

> Text won't get less readable because you have different
> background colours unless you choose bad combinations. The big
> problem with help on this particular query on your page is that
> not many people here would be game to suggest any such solution
> because it would add yet another layer of higgledepiggeldy to the
> already quite higgledipiggeldy look of the whole thing.
>
> --
> dorayme

First of all, how is it going with the finger?
Is it better now?
I did not mean that the use of several colors would be the best solution,
I am only wondering how to distinguish these <divs>
Besides, I find that black on white is the most readable combination.
By the way are you coming to Europe this year?
--
Luigi Donatello Asero
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php
今天二零零*年五月三日
星期三

dorayme

In article <ymT5g.55303$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Luigi Donatello Asero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Text won't get less readable because you have different
> > background colours unless you choose bad combinations. The big
> > problem with help on this particular query on your page is that
> > not many people here would be game to suggest any such solution
> > because it would add yet another layer of higgledepiggeldy to the
> > already quite higgledipiggeldy look of the whole thing.
> >
> > --
> > dorayme

> First of all, how is it going with the finger?
> Is it better now?
> I did not mean that the use of several colors would be the best solution,
> I am only wondering how to distinguish these <divs>
> Besides, I find that black on white is the most readable combination.
> By the way are you coming to Europe this year?

Yes the finger is mending, thanks.

Divs can be sufficiently distinguished by their content
(including enclosed headings) without the need for any extra
fandangling around with css and html. (When talking to you, dear
Luigi, I like to introduce a new bit of English slang each time.)

Yes, I have to come to answer some questions from the German
police regarding the remains they found of your German attackers.
My men may have gone a little far in carrying out my instructions
(which was to beat them to within an inch of their lives but no
more).

--
dorayme