Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless drive mapping

Wireless drive mapping

OhioBeeFarmer

I hope someone can get me in the right direction. I normally use a
hardware network connection where I would login with a name and password
with my win2000 into a domain. I no longer have a hard wire and have added
a usb wireless device to my device. I am not able to login to the domain
as it appears the usb device hasn't established connection to the router
unless I login locally to the device. My question is.. do they make
wireless usb devices that would log in to a domain upfront or do you have to
log locally so the drivers install. Also, if locally is the way I have to
go .. how can I map network drives so that they stay connected after reboot
and DON'T require authenticating with after reboot?

Thanks
Bob

Pavel A.

"OhioBeeFarmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hope someone can get me in the right direction. I normally use a hardware network connection where I would login with a
>name and password with my win2000 into a domain. I no longer have a hard wire and have added a usb wireless device to my
>device. I am not able to login to the domain as it appears the usb device hasn't established connection to the router unless
>I login locally to the device. My question is.. do they make wireless usb devices that would log in to a domain upfront or do
>you have to log locally so the drivers install. Also, if locally is the way I have to go .. how can I map network drives so
>that they stay connected after reboot and DON'T require authenticating with after reboot?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Possibly it can be fixed by tweaking the card and Windows settings.
Since this is a domain machine, your domain & network admin
could help here.

--PA

OhioBeeFarmer

Thanks for the feed back. I found that if I use a D-Link verses a Trendnet
with 2000 that the D-Link drivers work upfront like I needed them to.

Thanks again.
Bob

news:ODp%(E-Mail Removed)...