Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless NIC & Wired NIC Bridging

Wireless NIC & Wired NIC Bridging

Johnatthon Johnatthon is offline
Junior Member

Hi all, I have a dell, with a belkin wireless G router + a wireless G PCI card, all installed and working no problem, but I set up all my stuff and was thinking of using the Windows XP(home edition) Bridging to get internet to my Xbox 360, I have the built in 10/100 Ethernet port with a cat 6 cable running to a switch and a cat 6 cable running to the 360, no problem but when I try to bridge, I literally see the Internet connection "disappear." I don't know why this does this, I have successfully done a bridge with two wired NIC's but when the wireless card is part of the bridge, it simply drops connection to anything, it says it has signal, but I can't get to anything, not the router nor the internet, the internet connection in the Network connections isn't their anymore. I have tryed searching on the internet for hours for a solution and it seams as though it's very difficult to get this to work.
Router -(wireless)-> Computer -(Cat 6 cable)-> switch -(cat 6 cable)-> XBOX

Johnatthon Johnatthon is offline
Junior Member

ok, in advanced there was AP compatability mode, didn't work, so I forced it in cmd, worked good.