Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Blank area above content

Blank area above content

Steve Pugh

"The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"

>add this to the body tag:
>topmargin="0"

And then delete it, along with the rest of those attributes and use
CSS instead.

Steve

Barbara de Zoete

On Tue, 02 May 2006 10:37:31 +0200, Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "The One" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"

>> add this to the body tag:
>> topmargin="0"

> And then delete it, along with the rest of those attributes and use
> CSS instead.

lol

--
______PretLetters:
| weblog | http://www.pretletters.net/weblog/weblog.html |

Andy Dingley

klloyd wrote:
> http://test.springfieldparks.org/ver.../home_new.html
>
> I'm at my wits end.

Yup.

(Your markup is broken as anything and you personally are
clue-pervious. If you expect to learn anything, first open your ears)

JDS

On Mon, 01 May 2006 14:55:11 -0700, klloyd wrote:

> Since when is not having an ALT attribute for
> an image an error??

Since 1997, possibly before.

These people are only trying to help you. You clearly do not have the
level of expertise that many of the regular expert posters here do --
please try to listen to their suggestions.

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

JDS

On Mon, 01 May 2006 15:11:56 -0700, klloyd wrote:

> Most of the page at the moment is made up of images...the
> design structure of the page. There is no text content yet.

Which has been shown to be, possibly, the worst way to design web pages.
You are a print designer, yes?

--
JDS | (E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

klloyd

> Which has been shown to be, possibly, the worst way to design web pages.
> You are a print designer, yes?

Actually this is a website I took over, I did not originally design it.
It was from a designer before me and this is the design that the client
liked...I am trying to "fix" it.

> add this to the body tag:
> topmargin="0"

Thank you The One, this solved it. And thank you everyone who responded
in a civil matter. I never said I am an expert and sorry I obviously
chose the wrong Google Group, you're all way above me. I'm but a
peasant.

Jonathan N. Little

klloyd wrote:
>> Which has been shown to be, possibly, the worst way to design web pages.
>> You are a print designer, yes?

> Actually this is a website I took over, I did not originally design it.
> It was from a designer before me and this is the design that the client
> liked...I am trying to "fix" it.
>
>> add this to the body tag:
>> topmargin="0"

> Thank you The One, this solved it. And thank you everyone who responded
> in a civil matter. I never said I am an expert and sorry I obviously
> chose the wrong Google Group, you're all way above me. I'm but a
> peasant.

Chalk up another one for 'Ingorance'! What a world we are in now!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

klloyd

Considering I was working from the below train wreck that's in frames,
I didn't think I was doing too bad:

http://test.springfieldparks.org/version07/home.htm

ironcorona

klloyd wrote:
> I obviously
> chose the wrong Google Group

This isn't a google group. You're in the big bad world now.

--
ironcorona

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "klloyd" <(E-Mail Removed)>
vouchsafed:

>> Which has been shown to be, possibly, the worst way to design web pages.
>> You are a print designer, yes?

> Actually this is a website I took over, I did not originally design it.
> It was from a designer before me and this is the design that the client
> liked...I am trying to "fix" it.
>
>> add this to the body tag:
>> topmargin="0"

> Thank you The One, this solved it. And thank you everyone who responded
> in a civil matter. I never said I am an expert and sorry I obviously
> chose the wrong Google Group, you're all way above me. I'm but a
> peasant.

You can also remove rightmargin="0" as that doesn't do anything in
anything.

Interestingly, when I saved your (old) page "complete", Firefox or IE
apparently added the topmargin bit automatically. Strange...

--
Neredbojias
Infinity has its limits.