Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > No wireless networks were found in Range

No wireless networks were found in Range

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=

Hi,

I have a XP Tablet PC Edition SP2. Everytime I trying to make a new wireless
connection I get a message saying 'No wireless networks were found in Range'.
Absolutley no wirless connection showes up in the Wirless Properties and none
can be created even after a Refresh.

I've tried disabling LAN connections and firwall and still had no luck. I'm
also sure that the WEP key is correct. There are other laptops around my
enviroment that are current connected to the same Wirless Access Point.

What do you suppose the problem is?? Please advise. Thanks!

Malke

Rob D. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a XP Tablet PC Edition SP2. Everytime I trying to make a new
> wireless connection I get a message saying 'No wireless networks were
> found in Range'. Absolutley no wirless connection showes up in the
> Wirless Properties and none can be created even after a Refresh.
>
> I've tried disabling LAN connections and firwall and still had no
> luck. I'm also sure that the WEP key is correct. There are other
> laptops around my enviroment that are current connected to the same
> Wirless Access Point.
>
> What do you suppose the problem is?? Please advise. Thanks!

It sounds like your wireless hardware isn't on or isn't working. Refer
to your Tablet's manual for how to enable the wireless. For
Tablet-specific questions, post in the Tablet newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

=?Utf-8?B?Um9iIEQu?=

The hardware is enabled and working properly as I checked in Device Manager.
Any other suggestions?

"Malke" wrote:

> Rob D. wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a XP Tablet PC Edition SP2. Everytime I trying to make a new
> > wireless connection I get a message saying 'No wireless networks were
> > found in Range'. Absolutley no wirless connection showes up in the
> > Wirless Properties and none can be created even after a Refresh.
> >
> > I've tried disabling LAN connections and firwall and still had no
> > luck. I'm also sure that the WEP key is correct. There are other
> > laptops around my enviroment that are current connected to the same
> > Wirless Access Point.
> >
> > What do you suppose the problem is?? Please advise. Thanks!

> It sounds like your wireless hardware isn't on or isn't working. Refer
> to your Tablet's manual for how to enable the wireless. For
> Tablet-specific questions, post in the Tablet newsgroup:
>
> microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

RSD

"Rob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The hardware is enabled and working properly as I checked in Device

Manager.
> Any other suggestions?

Just because itīs "working" in Device Manager doesnīt mean itīs all ready to
go. There are sometimes (often) switches or keyboard shortcuts to enable the
wireless device on a portable computer.

Rob

> "Malke" wrote:
>
> > Rob D. wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a XP Tablet PC Edition SP2. Everytime I trying to make a new
> > > wireless connection I get a message saying 'No wireless networks were
> > > found in Range'. Absolutley no wirless connection showes up in the
> > > Wirless Properties and none can be created even after a Refresh.
> > >
> > > I've tried disabling LAN connections and firwall and still had no
> > > luck. I'm also sure that the WEP key is correct. There are other
> > > laptops around my enviroment that are current connected to the same
> > > Wirless Access Point.
> > >
> > > What do you suppose the problem is?? Please advise. Thanks!

> > It sounds like your wireless hardware isn't on or isn't working. Refer
> > to your Tablet's manual for how to enable the wireless. For
> > Tablet-specific questions, post in the Tablet newsgroup:
> >
> > microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc
> >
> > Malke
> > --
> > Elephant Boy Computers
> > www.elephantboycomputers.com
> > "Don't Panic!"
> > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Malke

RSD wrote:

> "Rob D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The hardware is enabled and working properly as I checked in Device

> Manager.
>> Any other suggestions?

> Just because itīs "working" in Device Manager doesnīt mean itīs all
> ready to go. There are sometimes (often) switches or keyboard
> shortcuts to enable the wireless device on a portable computer.

That's correct. The Device Manager shows that the hardware is installed,
not that it is working (unless there is a yellow exclamation point next
to it). Most modern laptops have either a little button, switch, or
keyboard press to toggle the wireless on and off. So again, look on
your Tablet PC for something like that and RTFM. If you didn't get a
manual, go to the computer mftr.'s website and read information there.

For more TabletPC-specific questions, post in the newsgroup I already
gave you.

Malke