Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Netgear TA612V query.

Re: Netgear TA612V query.

Benjamin

Open firmware for the TA612V is now available through the sipgate
website. Go to http://www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear, login and then chose
open Firmware from the list on the right.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already.

Take care,

Ben

Ivor Jones

"Benjamin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message
news:44561e4c$0$1356$(E-Mail Removed). com
> Open firmware for the TA612V is now available through the
> sipgate website. Go to http://www.sipgate.co.uk/netgear,
> login and then chose open Firmware from the list on the
> right.
>
> Apologies if this has been mentioned already.
>
> Take care,
>
> Ben

Be aware though that the website states that doing this will terminate any
product support for your TA612V from Sipgate, assuming you bought it from
them.

Ben, have you done this yet..? I'd be interested to know how you got on
with it if you have, as I know a couple of people with this unit who are
interested, but don't want to take the plunge so to speak until they've
heard from someone who's done it (successfully..!)

Also, does the upgrade erase your existing Sipgate configuration data..?

Ivor

Benjamin

Ivor Jones wrote:
> Ben, have you done this yet..?

Not yet, but I will be when I return home...

> I'd be interested to know how you got on with it if you have, as I know
> a couple of people with this unit who are interested, but don't want to
> take the plunge so to speak until they've heard from someone who's done
> it (successfully..!)

I rather suspect that it is essentially the same firmware, but with the
VoIP menus unlocked.

> Also, does the upgrade erase your existing Sipgate configuration data..?

I understand that it does... but it's easy enough to enter by hand!

I'll keep you updated once I get round to it - I'm hoping that it might
provide an answer to my DTMF from the PSTN problem!

Take care,

Ben