Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > NCSIM simulator

NCSIM simulator

praveen.kantharajapura@gmail.com

Hi ,

I am using NCSIM simulator to simulate my VHDL code, what i wanted to
know is how to generate a Value Change dump(VCD) file using NCSIM, to
load the wave forms offline in simvision.For ex in verilog we have
"$dumpvars" , how to do it for VHDL.

Thanks in advance ,
Praveen

Eyck Jentzsch

> Hi ,
>
> I am using NCSIM simulator to simulate my VHDL code, what i wanted to
> know is how to generate a Value Change dump(VCD) file using NCSIM, to
> load the wave forms offline in simvision.For ex in verilog we have
> "$dumpvars" , how to do it for VHDL.
>

> Thanks in advance ,
> Praveen

RTFM, on TCL commandline: 'probe -create -vcd ...'
To get all options try: 'help probe' or the online docu cdsdoc)

-Eyck

-RELAX in ncsim. kk VHDL 3 08-06-2006 03:55 PM
order of signals in the ncsim waveform window anupam VHDL 0 01-31-2006 05:32 AM
send command to ncsim dakota VHDL 1 11-17-2004 09:43 AM
ncsim and signal labeling andy VHDL 1 10-26-2004 08:40 AM
Unknown signal resolution in NCsim and Modelsim vrangan@qualcomm.com VHDL 3 12-17-2003 07:07 PM

Advertisments