Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > strange PAP2 problem

strange PAP2 problem

mark kelly

OK a strange problem maybe someone can shed some light on it.

Grandstream 486 stop working on SIPDISCOUNT but it seem now it works
but related to this problem. So my dad brought a Linksys PAP2
(offically unlock from the start.)

Setup voipdiscount in my house and it work fine. Can recieve / make
calls. I am on NTL 2mb connection. With Linksys wireless router.
Take it to my father house and it does not connect!!! If take PAP2 back
to my house after going to my father house, it won't work here either.
Only way to get it working at my place again is factory reset and put
the details in again. If do factory reset at parents house it still
won't work. He got same linksys wireless router as well. His internet
connection is 1mb connection with NTL. Now to make other piece to this
puzzle, if put sipgate on line 2 of the PAP2, it works at his place.

As does http://www.voxalot.com/ sort of.

Does anyone have any idea what is the problem!!!!

Bleh

On 30 Apr 2006 02:43:06 -0700, "mark kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>OK a strange problem maybe someone can shed some light on it.
>
>Grandstream 486 stop working on SIPDISCOUNT but it seem now it works
>but related to this problem. So my dad brought a Linksys PAP2
>(offically unlock from the start.)
>
>Setup voipdiscount in my house and it work fine. Can recieve / make
>calls. I am on NTL 2mb connection. With Linksys wireless router.
>Take it to my father house and it does not connect!!! If take PAP2 back
>to my house after going to my father house, it won't work here either.
>Only way to get it working at my place again is factory reset and put
>the details in again. If do factory reset at parents house it still
>won't work. He got same linksys wireless router as well. His internet
>connection is 1mb connection with NTL. Now to make other piece to this
>puzzle, if put sipgate on line 2 of the PAP2, it works at his place.
>
>As does http://www.voxalot.com/ sort of.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what is the problem!!!!

You've got all the relevant ports open at your fathers house ?

mark kelly

yep, and even put the PAP2 in the DMZ...

Unlocking linksys PAP2 Shaker VOIP 7 05-23-2010 01:37 PM
PAP2 problem The s-Bray UK VOIP 9 08-27-2009 05:08 PM
Linksys PAP2 locked to Vonage, support people funny Kyler Laird VOIP 55 03-25-2005 08:05 AM
Linksys PAP2 hack? Ghazan Haider VOIP 5 03-18-2005 08:02 AM
PAP2 disconnect DSL Modem imatrljan VOIP 0 03-12-2005 08:03 AM

Advertisments