Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Which SIP VoIP Provider do you recommend?

Which SIP VoIP Provider do you recommend?

Roy MacDonald

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
>>since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
>>anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

> You seem to be most FORTUNATE I also have had problems with them that
> has taken an age to get sorted and they have still not sorted out the
> web site .
> Bloody amateurs

Hi
so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see I
always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
thanks
Roy

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:41:57 +0100, "Roy MacDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>Hi
>so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see I
>always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
>but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
>thanks
>Roy

I am very pleased with Voipfone myself Roy have been since I signed up
with them several months ago now and I do not think they can be beaten
for price and service offered.I mainly use voipfone for the mobile
call back service which saves pounds when out and about and for
certain incoming calls .
I really must get around to closing my voip.co.uk account down it is
very seldom used has I use voipcheap and sipdiscount for outbound
calls .

Chris Smithers

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 15:41:57 +0100, "Roy MacDonald" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>Hi
>>so who are the ones you rate then? look back my old posts and you will see
>>always recommended voipfone (spit) but now I am unsure who to recommend -
>>but voip.co.uk package suits my useage
>>thanks
>>Roy
>>

> I am very pleased with Voipfone myself Roy have been since I signed up
> with them several months ago now and I do not think they can be beaten
> for price and service offered.I mainly use voipfone for the mobile
> call back service which saves pounds when out and about and for
> certain incoming calls .
> I really must get around to closing my voip.co.uk account down it is
> very seldom used has I use voipcheap and sipdiscount for outbound
> calls .

So would you say voipcheap + voipfone are a good combination for outgoing +
incoming calls? That way apparently I get unlimited (?) free calls to
landlines in most countries, and can port in my number for incoming calls.
--
Thanks,
Me

I recommend www.Superhighstreet.com/home Finds anything or they pay for it!

Jono

Thomas Kenyon pretended :
> Roy MacDonald wrote:
>
>>> Hi
>>> I used to be Voipfones biggest fan, they offer a wide range of services at
>>> a reasonable price, but I no longer recommend them to anyone, my real name
>>> is in my post so if you reading this voipfone you know who I am.
>>> Voipfone owed me a small sum of money and rather than try and sort it out
>>> they lied and then ignored my emails and telephone calls regarding this.

> Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
> some services with voipfone.
>
>>> I went to www.voip.co.uk and took all my voipfones referals with me and
>>> none of them regret move, have a look at them.

> I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
> support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
>
> Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
> cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
> supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
> I've had no joy out of them).
>
> Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work
>
>>> cheers
>>> Roy MacDonald

Caller ID works flawlessly for me.....what equipment are you using?

Voip.co.uk always (touch wood) works inbound, even when I can't ring in
on "another provider's" number.

Jono

on 25/04/2006, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) supposed :
> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:55:58 +0100, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> You seem to be most unfortunate. I have one account with 2 numbers
>> since last November. I have found them most helpful when there has been
>> anything I haven't quite understood or couldn't get working.

> You seem to be most FORTUNATE I also have had problems with them that
> has taken an age to get sorted and they have still not sorted out the
> web site .
> Bloody amateurs

Could you be the common link with the problems, though?......

Not intending to fan the flames, however, there seem to be more people
happy with both Sipgate & voip.co.uk than otherwise. I certainly am.

DJ

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) writes
>On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:00:24 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
>>support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
>>
>>Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
>>cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
>>supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
>>I've had no joy out of them).
>>
>>Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

>Has I have statd before Tom I only rate them slightly better than
>Sipgate .

I have had no problems whatsoever with voip.co.uk and caller ID does
work here with my asterisk server.

--
DJ

Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:
> Thomas Kenyon pretended :

>> Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
>> some services with voipfone.

>> I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
>> support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
>>
>> Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
>> cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
>> supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
>> I've had no joy out of them).
>>
>> Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

> Caller ID works flawlessly for me.....what equipment are you using?
>
> Voip.co.uk always (touch wood) works inbound, even when I can't ring in
> on "another provider's" number.

The problem I'm having is with the ability to set the caller ID yourself
for the individual call (Allow any), the tech support fella that I
reported it to said (eventually) it didn't work.

As a comparison, it works flawlessly with gradwell.com .

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:03:32 +0100, DJ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have had no problems whatsoever with voip.co.uk and caller ID does
>work here with my asterisk server.

I have no problems with inbound or outbound calls it is the overall
impression they give when they say stuff like.....................
"We are aware of an issue with calls not being filtered into the
correct tabs properly, please bear with us while we correct the
issue."
They have been saying this now for months and they have still not
bothered to correct the problem and I doubt they ever will . It is
just there overall couldn't care less attitude that is getting to me .
"please bear with us" just how long do they expect customers to bear
with them a year two years ,three or until they go to the wall .
I reported a fault with the Freetalk site a few weeks ago and it was
fixed within an hour of sending the email .

Brian A

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:50:12 +0100, Jono
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thomas Kenyon pretended :

>> Sort what out? I'd be very interested because I'm thinking of setting up
>> some services with voipfone.

>> I have 2 accounts with voip.co.uk, and there has been an outstanding
>> support issue of one kind or another since they were openned.
>>
>> Other problem appears to be that with one account the calls keep getting
>> cut off, and on both accuont I am being billed for calls that are
>> supposed to be included. (They've known about this for over a month and
>> I've had no joy out of them).
>>
>> Not to mention the caller ID functionality doesn't work

>Caller ID works flawlessly for me.....what equipment are you using?
>
>Voip.co.uk always (touch wood) works inbound, even when I can't ring in
>on "another provider's" number.

Re:voip.co.uk
I would support the claim about incorrect charging. It has been so
for about 6 weeks. I am sure that they will reimburse accordingly. I
am waiting while my credit runs out and then I will be cut off
altogether because I am being charged by the minute when I am not
supposed to be charged at all. The charging was OK at one time so what
has changed?
I really can't see why they can't sort this out. I write programs
myself and I don't think it would take me 6 weeks to sort it. I was
told months ago that they had a new voicemail in the offing...that has
never transpired.
However, the tariff is good for UK calls, the best in fact, and that
is why I am with them. I no longer rely on them for incoming calls
though, partiallly that's because the voicemail is rather basic (the
message gets deleted as soon as you have listened to it - the only way
to re-listen is to pick it up on the Net).
The caller display did work when I last used them for incoming calls
but I don't know about now.
I think that Chris, who answers most of the support tickets for me, is
probably doing his best and just feeding us with the same dubious
information suppplied to him. He is always polite.

Would I compare them to Sipgate - no I wouldn't. Outgoing calls and
call quality seems to be reliable now and the 'UK Pack' tariff is
infinitely superior.

It is just a pity they can't sort out the basic things.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:19:51 GMT, Brian A
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think that Chris, who answers most of the support tickets for me, is
>probably doing his best and just feeding us with the same dubious
>information suppplied to him. He is always polite.

I agree with you 100% regarding Chris and it is the fact that I
thought and you have stated that Chris is feeding us with the same
dubious info supplied to him, which in turn aroused my suspicions the
other week that Voip.co.uk are in fact resellers for some larger
organization .

>It is just a pity they can't sort out the basic things.

Again this gives rise to suspecting that it is not in their hands to
sort out the basic things Brian Chris has always given me the
impression that if he had a free hand everything would have been
sorted yesterday .