Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Phoning 0560 numbers from UK mobiles

Phoning 0560 numbers from UK mobiles

Barry

I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs dialling
them fron O2.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jono

Barry wrote:
> I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
> me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
> problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs dialling
> them fron O2.
> Any help would be appreciated.

There are all sorts of issues dialling 0560 numbers - Most NTL Landlines
cannot call them - T-Mobile is another.

I accidentally acquired an 0560 number which I cannot ring from Orange....

Who's got an 0560 number that you call? Get them to replace it with a
normal geographic number. Free providers: www.sipgate.co.uk www.voip.co.uk

Barry

I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not
the point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Mg73g.58737$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Barry wrote:
>> I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile
>> tell me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the
>> same problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs
>> dialling them fron O2.
>> Any help would be appreciated.

> There are all sorts of issues dialling 0560 numbers - Most NTL Landlines
> cannot call them - T-Mobile is another.
>
> I accidentally acquired an 0560 number which I cannot ring from Orange....
>
> Who's got an 0560 number that you call? Get them to replace it with a
> normal geographic number. Free providers: www.sipgate.co.uk www.voip.co.uk

Jono

Barry laid this down on his screen :

> "Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Mg73g.58737$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>> Barry wrote:
>>> I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
>>> me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
>>> problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs
>>> dialling them fron O2.
>>> Any help would be appreciated.

>> There are all sorts of issues dialling 0560 numbers - Most NTL Landlines
>> cannot call them - T-Mobile is another.
>>
>> I accidentally acquired an 0560 number which I cannot ring from Orange....
>>
>> Who's got an 0560 number that you call? Get them to replace it with a
>> normal geographic number. Free providers: www.sipgate.co.uk www.voip.co.uk

> I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not the
> point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
> numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
> choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
> says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

Sincerely, I wish you luck. Perhaps, if you succeed, NTL will follow
suit, now TW & NTL are one, so to speak.

Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
choose your Telco, after all.

TKD

>I cannot dial 0560 *** **** numbers from my T-Mobile phone. T-Mobile tell
>me that they don't recognise the number, has anyone else had the same
>problem with any other UK mobile providers?? My nephew has no probs
>dialling them fron O2.
> Any help would be appreciated.

When I had one of these with awful numbers with BT Broadband Voice I
complained and told them the service was not fit for purpose as I could not
receive calls from several networks. They gave me a second geo number that
diverted to my BT BBV number. However it was an Birmingham number which
was confusing to my contacts as I am in London. I don't use BT anymore.

Paul Cupis

Barry wrote:
> I'm in the process of getting Telewest to allow 0560 numbers but its not
> the point. The issue is whether a provider should be able to dictate which
> numbers I can call, as long as I pay why should they decide who or what I
> choose to call, plus I can't find anything in the Terms and Conditions that
> says they can choose not to allow these numbers.

They can do what they want, unless you think it says somewhere in their
T&Cs that they have to allow you to call any telephone number/prefix
current or future.

Only BT and KC are currently obliged to such things - you should
complain to Ofcom, but don't hold your breath.

Stuart Ward

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:

> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
> choose your Telco, after all.

No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number they
must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via
offcom, and it can take a while for all the networks to support new codes.

Check the number out on http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/cgi-bin-Phones/nng?GNG=
or use my search page
http://www.wardrowntree.pwp.blueyond...uk/search.html

--
Kind Regards
Stuart

GwG

"Stuart Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed) nder.co.uk...
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
>> choose your Telco, after all.

> No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number
> they
> must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via
> offcom, and it can take a while for all the networks to support new
> codes.

According to Oftel, NTL can, and presumably so can some other companies.
When 0560 numbers were first introduced, I contacted Oftel informing
them of NTL's refusal to enable the numbers. Oftel were very concerned
and looked into it, but the outcome was that they had no power to force
NTL to enable 0560 numbers.

Linus Surguy

Stuart Ward <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
>> choose your Telco, after all.

>No they cant, universal service obligation if it is a valid number they
>must support calls to the number. The number planning info comes via

I'm afraid Telewest and NTL do not have a USO, nor do they have SMP in Call
Origination, therefore they are allowed to carry and not carry any number ranges
they like.

Whilst you might possibily have some ground under consumer/advertising
regulations, you don't under telecom ones.

Linus

www.telesave.co.uk: UK 2.5p/1.5/1p South Africa 6p US,France,Germany,Eire 2.5p
Looking for VoIP ? We're the largest wholesale numbering supplier in the UK!

Jono

After serious thinking Stuart Ward wrote :
> On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 18:52:34 +0100, Jono wrote:
>

>> Unfortunately, I think the Telco can choose what it routes - you can
>> choose your Telco, after all.

> No they cant,

Yes they can, yes they can, yes they can (with the exception of
Kingston & BT AFAIK)

0560 numbers divoch UK VOIP 8 02-18-2009 09:36 PM
Re: 0560 numbers Woody UK VOIP 0 02-17-2009 08:10 PM
What network for 0560 number David Floyd UK VOIP 9 06-13-2006 06:37 PM
0560 numbers on voipfone flibble UK VOIP 2 08-22-2005 03:33 PM
Sipgate can call mobiles, non-geographic numbers but not landlines... George UK VOIP 9 05-14-2005 07:07 PM

Advertisments