Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Fritz!box 7050 Annex A or B ?

Fritz!box 7050 Annex A or B ?

Jim

I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL) or Annex
B (Germany)
What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B not work
at all on UK ADSL
Also will these boxes work on ADSL max ?

Thanks

Colin Forrester

Jim wrote:
> I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL) or Annex
> B (Germany)

> What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B not work
> at all on UK ADSL

I thought Annex B was ADSL over ISDN and would not work in the UK. Annex
A being ADSL over PSTN and what we use in the UK.

Jim

Thanks Colin - looks like I will need an Annex A then

Paul Hayes

Colin Forrester wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
>> I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL) or
>> Annex B (Germany)

>> What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B not
>> work at all on UK ADSL

> I thought Annex B was ADSL over ISDN and would not work in the UK. Annex
> A being ADSL over PSTN and what we use in the UK.

Correct. Annex B is common in Germany but rare in the UK.

Colin Forrester

Paul Hayes wrote:

>>> I notice that this comes in 2 flavours Annex A (international ADSL)
>>> or Annex B (Germany)

>>> What is the difference between these 2 standards ? Will an Annex B
>>> not work at all on UK ADSL

>> I thought Annex B was ADSL over ISDN and would not work in the UK.
>> Annex A being ADSL over PSTN and what we use in the UK.

> Correct. Annex B is common in Germany but rare in the UK.

Rare as in non-existent in the UK?

FritzBox Annex B in UK Herman UK VOIP 5 04-04-2007 08:29 AM
Fritz!Box Fon WLAN 7050 - Annex A versus Annex B Philippe Deleye UK VOIP 12 11-13-2006 08:15 PM
Annex A or B in UK? Glikogen UK VOIP 1 02-14-2006 01:11 PM
Sweex ADSL Annex-A wired ADSL Router Switch Alex Clarke Computer Support 2 10-15-2005 11:34 PM
Canon accessory annex: any problems with "losing" returned items? John Faughnan Digital Photography 3 10-04-2003 12:42 PM

Advertisments