Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Newbie asking for advice pls

Newbie asking for advice pls

Andy

Hello All

This the first time into voip, Only reason now is i,m getting 250 free mins
a month with my BB conection from next week. I have wirless and wired pc's
allover the house. so accessing a cat5 socket is no problem. which is the
best(chapest)way to go? I have 1 normal phone but the other is a cordless
with 4 handsets?, So i did not want to go the USB phone way as some of the
time the pc's are not on where as the modem/wirless router is always on?

Any help would be a great help, Thanks

regs Andy

Brian A

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:59:51 +0100, "Andy" <(E-Mail Removed)9.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hello All
>
>This the first time into voip, Only reason now is i,m getting 250 free mins
>a month with my BB conection from next week. I have wirless and wired pc's
>allover the house. so accessing a cat5 socket is no problem. which is the
>best(chapest)way to go? I have 1 normal phone but the other is a cordless
>with 4 handsets?, So i did not want to go the USB phone way as some of the
>time the pc's are not on where as the modem/wirless router is always on?
>
>Any help would be a great help, Thanks
>
>regs Andy

You need an ATA (anlogue Telephone Adapter).
Check out such as sipura/linksys www.sipura.com
For technical help. This forum and www.voxilla.com
Technical info.:
google groups.
http://www.voip-info.org

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

muzz

Brian A wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:59:51 +0100, "Andy"
> <(E-Mail Removed)9.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hello All
>>
>> This the first time into voip, Only reason now is i,m
>> getting 250 free mins a month with my BB conection from
>> next week. I have wirless and wired pc's allover the
>> house. so accessing a cat5 socket is no problem. which
>> is the best(chapest)way to go? I have 1 normal phone but
>> the other is a cordless with 4 handsets?, So i did not
>> want to go the USB phone way as some of the time the
>> pc's are not on where as the modem/wirless router is
>> always on?
>>
>> Any help would be a great help, Thanks
>>
>> regs Andy
>>

> You need an ATA (anlogue Telephone Adapter).
> Check out such as sipura/linksys www.sipura.com
> For technical help. This forum and www.voxilla.com
> Technical info.:
> google groups.
> http://www.voip-info.org
>

> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Sipura SPA-3000 boxy rather than the Grandstream ones, although I needed
help configuring it.
In fact configuration is ongoing .

--
Muzz
my email is muzzmackay 'at' gmail 'dot' com