Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > voice quality

voice quality

pezetpl@wp.pl

Hi !

Does anyone know free software, to measure voice quality in MOS scale
(P.800, PSQM, or whatever)? I spent a lot of time on google but didn't
find anything free . It would be nice if it could measure jitter
packet loss echo delay etc ...

Thanks for any advice.

Tim Bray

> Hi !
>
> Does anyone know free software, to measure voice quality in MOS scale
> (P.800, PSQM, or whatever)? I spent a lot of time on google but didn't
> find anything free . It would be nice if it could measure jitter
> packet loss echo delay etc ...

Ethereal on the receiving end can produce pretty graphs and statistics.
Not much use for large scale monitoring though.

Tim

Darren J Longhorn

On 18 Apr 2006 12:59:48 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hi !
>
>Does anyone know free software, to measure voice quality in MOS scale
>(P.800, PSQM, or whatever)? I spent a lot of time on google but didn't
>find anything free . It would be nice if it could measure jitter
>packet loss echo delay etc ...

There are web sites that try to predict what MOS you will get if you
made a voip call to various destinations. Would that help, or you
trying to take measurements of actual calls?

In case they're useful:
http://www.testyourvoip.com/
http://www.3sqm.com/onlinetest/

pezetpl@wp.pl

Hi !

I try to find out MOS in my intranet. I've find some free tools for
voip, but they actually evaluate number for calls ( for SIP, H3232 etc)
not for voice quality.
Thanks for links.