Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: DTMF on VoIP Buster / VoIP Stunt

Re: DTMF on VoIP Buster / VoIP Stunt

PeterW

Sean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:e1pf05$j0h$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:

> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>
> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
> using other SIP providers.
>
> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?

You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
means using G.711a or G.711u).

Peter

Sean

PeterW wrote:
> Sean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:e1pf05$j0h$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:
>
>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>>
>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
>> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
>> using other SIP providers.
>>
>> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
>>

> You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
> means using G.711a or G.711u).
>
> Peter

in-band... is that the method i need to choose then?

so dtmfmmode=in-band ?

Will have a mess with it soon, just trying to move asterisk to a new
hard drive !

Sean

got it!

dtmfmode=inband ! thanks

news.x-privat.org

>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>>
>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
>> call from voipbuster....

I am doing much the same thing here.

I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
using Stunts server)

* asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

It all works great apart from one thing.

The calls to both PSTN phones are incoming,

so when I have finished the call how on earth do I clear the calls down???

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Graham

>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>>
>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
>> call from voipbuster....

I am doing much the same thing here.

I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
using Stunts server)

* asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
so I can make free calls from any UK landline.

It all works great apart from one thing,

When I have finished the call how on earth do I clear it down???

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Sean

Graham wrote:
>>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>>>
>>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
>>> call from voipbuster....

> I am doing much the same thing here.
>
> I make a call to * on a Sipgate number, the call isn't answered so there is
> no charge but triggers a callback from a VoIPStunt trunk (actually VoIPCheap
> using Stunts server)
>
> * asks me for a password and I get the * internal dialtone if I dial 9 it
> selects the same VoIPCheap trunk (2 simultaneous channels are supported),
> so I can make free calls from any UK landline.
>

> It all works great apart from one thing,
>
> When I have finished the call how on earth do I clear it down???
>

> Graham.
>

> %Profound_observation%

I don't know how you have yours setup.

I don't get an internal dial tone, mine calls you back with a calling
card gateway. When i hang up it stops all calls, or i can press ** and
make another one

Sean

PeterW wrote:
> Sean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:e1pf05$j0h$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:
>
>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>>
>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
>> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
>> using other SIP providers.
>>
>> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
>>

> You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
> means using G.711a or G.711u).
>
> Peter

Ok, so i've now started messing with different codecs. Using GSM, what
do voipbuster accept? .. It seems they don't accept any!

Another SIP compnay i use used inband when using G711.. But now that i
am using GSM the RFC2833 works... But no luck on VB yet

andy

PeterW wrote:
> Sean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:e1pf05$j0h$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:
>
> > Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
> >
> > So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
> > call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
> > using other SIP providers.
> >
> > Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
> >

> You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
> means using G.711a or G.711u).
>
> Peter

I'm not techie enough to understand all this, but I have read elsewhere
that Voipbuster et al do not seem to allow simultaneous calls anyway

Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know

Sean

andy wrote:
> PeterW wrote:
>> Sean <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:e1pf05$j0h$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:
>>
>>> Hi, have call back set up on aserisk.
>>>
>>> So, i call asterisk, it calls me back from voipbuster, and i then make a
>>> call from voipbuster.... But this does not work. It does work when
>>> using other SIP providers.
>>>
>>> Do voipbuster block the DTMF's or something?
>>>

>> You have to send DTMF in-band rather than RFC2833 or info (and this usually
>> means using G.711a or G.711u).
>>
>> Peter

> I'm not techie enough to understand all this, but I have read elsewhere
> that Voipbuster et al do not seem to allow simultaneous calls anyway
>
> Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know

I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.

andy

Sean wrote:
> > Or if anyone has managed it, I'd like to know
> >

> I can manage three calls at once out of my voipbuster trunk it seems...
> Actually, just tried now, and managed 4 calls.

Oh right, I don't have any hardware installation, asterisk or anything.

I'm thinking of using it with separate callback service, and people
seem to have had no audio when trying it, or the second call dropping
out the first one.