Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Geographic number in France

Geographic number in France

lucadb@gmail.com

Hi!

I'd like to know if there is a provider which offers a FREE SIP
geographic number in France (Paris, Lione etc)... Do you know one?
Doesn't matter if I don't live there....

Thanks in advance!

--
luca

Scope

> Hi!
>
> I'd like to know if there is a provider which offers a FREE SIP
> geographic number in France (Paris, Lione etc)... Do you know one?
> Doesn't matter if I don't live there....
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> luca

You get a "free" french Geo number from voipdiscount.com if you deposit
10 euro into your account.. This credit will be used towards any calls
that are not free (60 countries free i think, including France), and any
unused credits will expire after 120 days.. I'd use a Paris address to
make sure you get a Geo number, otherwise you might end up with the
french version of 056, if one exist, and then change back to your
"proper" address once you get the inbound number.

Im using them and they are great.

lucadb@gmail.com

Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
totally free!
Don't you know any of that kind in France?
I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
really don't like them!

Thank you!

paul123

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
> them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
> to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
> I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
> totally free!
> Don't you know any of that kind in France?
> I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
> really don't like them!
>
> Thank you!

Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (10 every 120 days) -
no free calls either.

Thomas Kenyon

paul123 wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
>> them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
>> to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
>> I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
>> totally free!
>> Don't you know any of that kind in France?
>> I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
>> really don't like them!
>>
>> Thank you!

> Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
> year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (10 every 120 days) -
> no free calls either.

Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
2/month.

My Name

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:32:32 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>paul123 wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Ok, but voipdiscount is not completely free... I mean you have to give
>>> them 10 euros... I don't want to give them anything! I wouldn't use it
>>> to make phone calls, but just to receive calls from France...
>>> I'd like something like SipGate or www.stanaphone.com ... They are
>>> totally free!
>>> Don't you know any of that kind in France?
>>> I already knew voipdiscount, voip-bla-bla-bla... etc etc... but I
>>> really don't like them!
>>>
>>> Thank you!

>> Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
>> year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (€10 every 120 days) -
>> no free calls either.
>>

>Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
>£2/month.

Voipdiscount and the like seem to be the best deal. 10 euros for 4
months works out to 2.5 euros a month or 30 euros a year even if you
don't make any calls. You can always use the credit for calling
mobiles and rip-off numbers (in eihter the UK or France for that
matter) which you sometimes can't escape.

lucadb@gmail.com

My Name wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 23:32:32 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >paul123 wrote:

> >> Not free, but www.gizmoproject.com offer Paris numbers for $35US for a
> >> year - about the same as the voipwotsit crowd (10 every 120 days) -
> >> no free calls either.
> >>

> >Voipfone are beta testing a french number service at the moment, For
> >2/month.

> Voipdiscount and the like seem to be the best deal. 10 euros for 4
> months works out to 2.5 euros a month or 30 euros a year even if you
> don't make any calls. You can always use the credit for calling
> mobiles and rip-off numbers (in eihter the UK or France for that
> matter) which you sometimes can't escape.

You're right, voipdiscount seems to be the best compromise... but,
if I don't make calls during the 120 days, will I always have the
chance to receive calls to the geo numbers? Or better, will they cancel
my 10euros credit or not?
thank you!

Scope

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> You're right, voipdiscount seems to be the best compromise... but,
> if I don't make calls during the 120 days, will I always have the
> chance to receive calls to the geo numbers? Or better, will they cancel
> my 10euros credit or not?
> thank you!

You willl always be able to receive phone calls as long as you've got
credits. They will expire your credits after 120 if you dont use it, but
i THINK if you purchase another 10 euro credit before the 120 days are
up all the credits remain for another 120 days, but Im not sure about
this. This way you can atleast keep the credits in case you one day get
family or friends in one of the chargeable countries.

andy

Scope wrote:

> This way you can atleast keep the credits in case you one day get
> family or friends in one of the chargeable countries.

Or forward some calls to your mobile ...