Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate problems

Sipgate problems

Bleh

I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
another service excluding vontage?

TheMgt

Bleh wrote:

> I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
> again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
> idea whats going on.

If by 'status screen' you mean
https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user_interface/start.php then I suspect the
problem is with your connection as I'm looking at it right now.

Bleh

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:56:33 GMT, TheMgt <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Bleh wrote:
>
>> I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
>> again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
>> idea whats going on.

>If by 'status screen' you mean
>https://secure.sipgate.co.uk/user_interface/start.php then I suspect the
>problem is with your connection as I'm looking at it right now.

Sorry I didn't explain myself. The sipgate website works fine most the
time and I can login and see my account details as expected. My issue
is with the amount of outages with the service and how disappointing
my experience has been thus far. Sipgate has mainly been down for me
today, it has worked for brief moments. Voipbuster is generally work
ok but again it has some bad days.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
>again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
>idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
>been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
>another service excluding vontage?

Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
you do not really need .

Martin Collett

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
>>again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
>>idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
>>been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
>>another service excluding vontage?

> Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
> Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
> you do not really need .

Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (4 + vat / month, no
inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't reliable
enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000 tray utility,
great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.
Martin

Sean

Martin Collett wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:39:14 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I bought a PAP2 2 weeks ago and setup with Sipgate and Voipbuster. Yet
>>> again Sipgate is offline this evening, no service status screen, no
>>> idea whats going on. Can't say I'm impressed so far. Voipbuster has
>>> been better overall but not great by any means. Can anyone recommend
>>> another service excluding vontage?

>> Try Voipcheap or Sipdiscount or for just over six pounds a month
>> Freetalk every bit as good has Vonage but without the add on's that
>> you do not really need .

> Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (4 + vat / month, no
> inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't reliable
> enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000 tray utility,
> great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.
> Martin

I've found blueface to be most reliable

GwG

"Sean" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e1k2oq$5rb$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...

>> Gradwell are good - but more expensive than most (4 + vat / month,
>> no inclusive minutes). I tried sipgate and voiptalk but they weren't
>> reliable enough for me. Very few disconnects (monitored with SPA3000
>> tray utility, great tool) during the 4 weeks I've been with them.

I didn't realise that the 4.00 per month with Gradwell was plus vat
(4.70), I had looked at the following link, and no mention of vat
there.
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/trial.php
4.70 per month now seems even worse when compared to BT, and there is
no physical line etc. to maintain.

Sipgate: Problems calling in? Joel UK VOIP 9 03-30-2007 11:05 AM
Sipgate Problems GwG UK VOIP 37 03-03-2006 02:49 AM
Sipgate and Netgear TA612V problems Stephen Peterson UK VOIP 11 09-15-2005 09:25 PM
Problems at Sipgate AGAIN!! David Floyd UK VOIP 7 05-11-2005 02:49 PM

Advertisments