Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ATA Devices on LAN

ATA Devices on LAN

( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )

I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following is possible:

At the moment, I have a single PC connected to ADSL with a Netgear
TA612V device. I'd be setting up a LAN in a few days time, and was
wandering if it is possible to have an additional ATA device, such as
the Handytone 486, connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
difficult to get it working?

Thanks in advance.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 14:39:34 +0100, "( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I'd be setting up a LAN in a few days time, and was
>wandering if it is possible to have an additional ATA device, such as
>the Handytone 486, connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
>difficult to get it working?

I got three PAP2's on our LAN each with its own IP address, setting up
three was not different than setting up one .

Ivor Jones

"( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following
> is possible:
> At the moment, I have a single PC connected to ADSL with
> a Netgear TA612V device. I'd be setting up a LAN in a
> few days time, and was wandering if it is possible to
> have an additional ATA device, such as the Handytone 486,
> connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
> difficult to get it working?
> Thanks in advance.

The TA612V is a peculiar beast to say the least, but I can see no reason
why you shouldn't be able to add a second ATA on the LAN somewhere. Make
sure it has its own IP address, you may need to forward ports to it from
the router, or use the DMZ, but it should work.

Ivor

Oldie

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:26:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"( * ) ( o ) ( 0 )" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me if the following
>> is possible:
>> At the moment, I have a single PC connected to ADSL with
>> a Netgear TA612V device. I'd be setting up a LAN in a
>> few days time, and was wandering if it is possible to
>> have an additional ATA device, such as the Handytone 486,
>> connected simultaneously to the LAN. If it is, is it
>> difficult to get it working?
>> Thanks in advance.

>The TA612V is a peculiar beast to say the least, but I can see no reason
>why you shouldn't be able to add a second ATA on the LAN somewhere. Make
>sure it has its own IP address, you may need to forward ports to it from
>the router, or use the DMZ, but it should work.
>
>Ivor

Not exactly the same configuration I know, but I have 2 ATAs on my LAN
(a PAP2 and an SPA-1001). They are both connected to the same 2 SIP
providers, and both work well. They have different IP addressses of
course (by DHCP). I just made sure that the ports are configured in a
similar manner (SIP Port 5060 for one provider on both and 5061 for
the other provider).

Oldie