Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate + PAP2 "Can't connect to login server"

Sipgate + PAP2 "Can't connect to login server"

Bleh

Hi,
Just bought a PAP2-UK unlocked and setting up Sipgate. PAP2 is running
a fixed internal IP address 192.168.1.254 behind a WRT54G with the DMZ
set to the PAP2 IP. My PAP2 had default factory settings and I
followed the limited setup instructions on Sipgate. I can get
everything working ok using the soft phone to test number 10000 and
credit number 10200 so my account is ok. I've not put any credit on my
account as yet but I don't believe I need to to get passed the "Can't
connect to login server" msg on the PAP2.

Having been googling for help I find suggestions for other settings.
Do I need to do more than on sipgates setup page over the default
settings ? Does anyone have a complete guide on the settings if you
do. Any other tips on how to get going ? TIA
Nick

Bleh

Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP. My status is
now 'offline'

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:11:45 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>Just bought a PAP2-UK unlocked and setting up Sipgate. PAP2 is running
>a fixed internal IP address 192.168.1.254 behind a WRT54G with the DMZ
>set to the PAP2 IP. My PAP2 had default factory settings and I
>followed the limited setup instructions on Sipgate. I can get
>everything working ok using the soft phone to test number 10000 and
>credit number 10200 so my account is ok. I've not put any credit on my
>account as yet but I don't believe I need to to get passed the "Can't
>connect to login server" msg on the PAP2.
>
>Having been googling for help I find suggestions for other settings.
>Do I need to do more than on sipgates setup page over the default
>settings ? Does anyone have a complete guide on the settings if you
>do. Any other tips on how to get going ? TIA
>Nick

Ivor Jones

"Bleh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP.
> My status is now 'offline'

Shouldn't that be "online" ?!

If you want to test outgoing calls to another Sipgate number, my speaking
clock is on 1431320. It cuts off after 30 seconds so don't panic..!

Ivor

PS could you not top post in this group, many thanks

Bleh

Offline until I make a call then online

I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
out I'll have a play a bit more.

Have you got a dial plan for sipgate ?

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:22:37 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bleh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP.
>> My status is now 'offline'

>Shouldn't that be "online" ?!
>
>If you want to test outgoing calls to another Sipgate number, my speaking
>clock is on 1431320. It cuts off after 30 seconds so don't panic..!
>
>Ivor
>
>PS could you not top post in this group, many thanks

Bleh

Sipgate SQL server seems to be down now....

PS what do you mean top post ?

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:40:12 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Offline until I make a call then online
>
>I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
>website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
>out I'll have a play a bit more.
>
>Have you got a dial plan for sipgate ?
>
>On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:22:37 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"Bleh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m
>>> Ignore ! I'd missed out the primary DNS as my router IP.
>>> My status is now 'offline'

>>Shouldn't that be "online" ?!
>>
>>If you want to test outgoing calls to another Sipgate number, my speaking
>>clock is on 1431320. It cuts off after 30 seconds so don't panic..!
>>
>>Ivor
>>
>>PS could you not top post in this group, many thanks

Bleh

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:43:17 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Sipgate SQL server seems to be down now....
>
>PS what do you mean top post ?
>
>On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:40:12 GMT, Bleh <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Offline until I make a call then online
>>
>>I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
>>website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
>>out I'll have a play a bit more.
>>
>>Have you got a dial plan for sipgate ?
>>
>>On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 14:22:37 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>"Bleh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) om
>>>
>>>Shouldn't that be "online" ?!
>>>
>>>If you want to test outgoing calls to another Sipgate number, my speaking
>>>clock is on 1431320. It cuts off after 30 seconds so don't panic..!
>>>
>>>Ivor
>>>
>>>PS could you not top post in this group, many thanks

Sorry with you on top posting...apoligies

Thomas Kenyon

Bleh wrote:
> Offline until I make a call then online
>
> I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
> website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
> out I'll have a play a bit more.

You should still be able to call his clock without any credit.

Bleh

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:58:59 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bleh wrote:
>> Offline until I make a call then online
>>
>> I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a security code but the
>> website won't accept it. Incoming works fine though. When I can call
>> out I'll have a play a bit more.
>>

>You should still be able to call his clock without any credit.

Good point. Need to sort out my dial plan as dialing even sipgate
doesnt work at the moment.

Ivor Jones

"Bleh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:58:59 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Bleh wrote:
> > > Offline until I make a call then online
> > >
> > > I can't call out yet as as I call 10200 to get a
> > > security code but the website won't accept it.
> > > Incoming works fine though. When I can call out I'll
> > > have a play a bit more.
> > >

> > You should still be able to call his clock without any
> > credit.

> Good point. Need to sort out my dial plan as dialing even
> sipgate doesnt work at the moment.

You shouldn't really need much of a dial plan for Sipgate, all I have in
my Sipura SPA-2000 which is all but identical to the PAP2 is (*xx|xx.)

Ivor

Bleh

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:29:02 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Bleh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:58:59 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > You should still be able to call his clock without any
>> > credit.

>> Good point. Need to sort out my dial plan as dialing even
>> sipgate doesnt work at the moment.

>You shouldn't really need much of a dial plan for Sipgate, all I have in
>my Sipura SPA-2000 which is all but identical to the PAP2 is (*xx|xx.)
>
>Ivor

That got me working, thanks. Got sipgate and voipbuster, its pretty
good so far.