Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip Stunt Geographic number?

Voip Stunt Geographic number?

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:01:39 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"

>As you can see Ivor's speaking clock is 020 7043 1320

And Ivor will argue that it is 0207 etc etc and 020 does not exist
anymore however I fully agree with you .

David Floyd

In message of Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
>David Floyd wrote:
>> In message of Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
>>> Portsmouth and Southampton is 023 (that's where it gets confusing).
>>>
>>> A call from one to the other isn't considered a local call

>> Does that matter, since the call charge is the same!?
>> DF
>>

>It depends how you're calling it doesn't it.

Don't understand that statement!!

DF

David Floyd

In message of Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
>{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>

>> If you live in you so called 0207 area, you try calling 043 1320 - you can't
>> as you have missed the 7 off the local number, 7043 1320 will work fine.
>>

>Can I further complicate the matter by stating that last time I tried
>it, you can't dial 92xxxxxx from a Southampton line to call Portsmouth
>(or 80xxxxxx to call Southampton from a Portsmouth line). (see previous
>post for distinction).

I'm not in either of those two areas in order to test, but I find that
very hard to believe.

Thomas Kenyon

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
>> David Floyd wrote:
>>> In message of Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes

>>> Does that matter, since the call charge is the same!?
>>> DF
>>>

>> It depends how you're calling it doesn't it.

> Don't understand that statement!!

If you are calling a number that isn't a local number on a BT business
line then you will pay an increased charge.

Thomas Kenyon

David Floyd wrote:
> In message of Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Thomas Kenyon writes
>> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>>

>>> If you live in you so called 0207 area, you try calling 043 1320 -
>>> you can't
>>> as you have missed the 7 off the local number, 7043 1320 will work
>>> fine.
>>>

>> Can I further complicate the matter by stating that last time I tried
>> it, you can't dial 92xxxxxx from a Southampton line to call Portsmouth
>> (or 80xxxxxx to call Southampton from a Portsmouth line). (see previous
>> post for distinction).
>>

> I'm not in either of those two areas in order to test, but I find that
> very hard to believe.

I work in both Portsmouth and Southampton and live between the 2, and (I
must confess it was a long time ago) I can assure you that was the case
when I tested it, will try again in a minute (I have access to BT phone
lines in both areas from here).

Dellboy

"Dellboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rwSVf.25555$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just looking at Voip Stunt, is it a Geographic number they supply?

Just to answer my own question really.

I`ve managed to flash my PAP2 with Sip 1001 software, i`m now able to have
the 2 lines run into 1 so Sipgate for incoming on line 1 and Voipstunt on
Line 2.

Voipstunt seems to work everytime I make a call unlike Sipgate which takes
sometimes 2-3 times to get through.

I`ll stick with this set-up for now and monitor Voip Stunt for extra Areas
in regards to Geographic.

Cheers

andy

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> No such area code as 0208 or 0207, only one area code of 020.
>
> Local numbers can start 3, 7 or 8, or any other number when they decide to
> add other number ranges.

0 and 1 are issued as well - I'd like to know what happens when someone
tries to dial one of those as a local number

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh andy:
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>> No such area code as 0208 or 0207, only one area code of 020.
>>
>> Local numbers can start 3, 7 or 8, or any other number when they
>> decide to add other number ranges.
>>

> 0 and 1 are issued as well - I'd like to know what happens when
> someone tries to dial one of those as a local number

I believe they are used for national dialling plan only.

IE) 020 0 or 020 1 must be dialled.