Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Sipgate Down again

Reply
Thread Tools

Sipgate Down again

 
 
M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006
On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:48:17 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>
>
>"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:K2RVf.10193$(E-Mail Removed)
>> "PhilÅ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:G3QVf.22993$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > When calling wither of my sipgate numbers from my
>> > mobile or sipdiscount line I get an engaged tone???
>> >
>> > Been like this the last hour.
>> >
>> > Phone from one sipgate to another works.
>> >
>> >
>> >

>>
>> Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
>> fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll have to
>> call the landline I need to from my mobile instead, at
>> 35p/min!
>> Alex

>
>Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive testing. What
>equipment are you using and is it registering ok..? The problem this
>morning has been with the registration servers.
>
>Ivor

Why does Sipgate insist on proving my thoughts on their useless
service to be correct I wonder .

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't working, yet other
> area numbers are working, but only, incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not
> out-going to the pstn.
>

0113 not working inbound either


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alex
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006

"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>

<snip>
>>
>> Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
>> fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll have to
>> call the landline I need to from my mobile instead, at
>> 35p/min!
>> Alex

>
> Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive testing. What
> equipment are you using and is it registering ok..? The problem this
> morning has been with the registration servers.
>
> Ivor
>
>


It's using a Draytek vigor 2900VG voip router, worked fine in recent weeks
(since sipgates improvements) and I haven't changed anything since it's
installation. I just connected up an old Grandstream 486 directly to the
cable modem without the router to see if my router was playing silly bugger-
but I still get the engaged tone when calling anything but Sipgate's test
line (they register). I have two accounts, with different area codes,
registered to different addresses and were set up about 6 months apart,
neither work. Both have ample credit.

Alex


 
Reply With Quote
 
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006
Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:3_QVf.42805$(E-Mail Removed) k
>> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

>
> [snip]
>
>>> Ok here both incoming and outgoing from PSTN so it
>>> isn't a gateway problem.
>>>
>>> Ivor

>>
>> Have done some testing.
>>
>> My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't
>> working, yet other area numbers are working, but only,
>> incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not out-going to the pstn.

>
> Give me a ring, do you still have my number..? Can't find yours..!
>
> Ivor


My main number is now working, was surprised as the phone started to ring.


 
Reply With Quote
 
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
>> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
>> wrote in message
>> news:3_QVf.42805$(E-Mail Removed) k
>>> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>>> Ok here both incoming and outgoing from PSTN so it
>>>> isn't a gateway problem.
>>>>
>>>> Ivor
>>>
>>> Have done some testing.
>>>
>>> My 0121 numbers and a few other area numbers aren't
>>> working, yet other area numbers are working, but only,
>>> incoming and Sipgate-Sipgate, not out-going to the pstn.

>>
>> Give me a ring, do you still have my number..? Can't find yours..!
>>
>> Ivor

>
> My main number is now working, was surprised as the phone started to
> ring.



Playing up again, half way through conversation went to one way audio.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006


"Alex" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JpRVf.24295$(E-Mail Removed)
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >

> <snip>
> > >
> > > Mine's broke, it calls 1000 ok, but anything else just
> > > fails and I get the engaged tone. Looks like I'll
> > > have to call the landline I need to from my mobile
> > > instead, at 35p/min!
> > > Alex

> >
> > Strange, all is fine here, just done some exhaustive
> > testing. What equipment are you using and is it
> > registering ok..? The problem this morning has been
> > with the registration servers. Ivor
> >
> >

>
> It's using a Draytek vigor 2900VG voip router, worked
> fine in recent weeks (since sipgates improvements) and I
> haven't changed anything since it's installation. I just
> connected up an old Grandstream 486 directly to the cable
> modem without the router to see if my router was playing
> silly bugger- but I still get the engaged tone when
> calling anything but Sipgate's test line (they register).
> I have two accounts, with different area codes,
> registered to different addresses and were set up about 6
> months apart, neither work. Both have ample credit.
> Alex


Very odd. Can you call my clock on 1431320 (020 7043 1320)..?

If you want to email me off group with a number I can try calling you from
here. g6urp01 at googlemail dot com.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006


"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
wrote in message
news:8MRVf.42824$(E-Mail Removed). uk

[snip]

> > My main number is now working, was surprised as the
> > phone started to ring.

>
>
> Playing up again, half way through conversation went to
> one way audio.


One way audio is usually a firewall/port forwarding problem as you know,
but I'm assuming you haven't changed anything..? Do you still have my
number..? Or email me with yours - g6urp01 at googlemail dot com.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006
Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:8MRVf.42824$(E-Mail Removed). uk
>
> [snip]
>
>>> My main number is now working, was surprised as the
>>> phone started to ring.

>>
>>
>> Playing up again, half way through conversation went to
>> one way audio.

>
> One way audio is usually a firewall/port forwarding problem as you
> know, but I'm assuming you haven't changed anything..? Do you still
> have my number..? Or email me with yours - g6urp01 at googlemail dot
> com.
> Ivor


It's all been working fine up until today, Sipgate are trying to fix the
problem.

I was getting no incoming calls, then they started to work, but half way
through a conversation the audio switched to one-way.

Nothing has changed, other than Sipgate are having technical problems.

My VoIP Stunt number is working fine through the same device.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Thomas Kenyon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Why does Sipgate insist on proving my thoughts on their useless
> service to be correct I wonder .
>

Pass, but I still haven't received a response from voip.co.uk and my
problem still hasn't been fixed (which means my outgoing calls are still
on sipgate which is working from here) .

So far, I had a much better service with sipgate.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006


"Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:E3SVf.24297$(E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Why does Sipgate insist on proving my thoughts on their
> > useless service to be correct I wonder .
> >

> Pass, but I still haven't received a response from
> voip.co.uk and my problem still hasn't been fixed (which
> means my outgoing calls are still on sipgate which is
> working from here) .
>
> So far, I had a much better service with sipgate.


Didn't you know, he's working for the competition..!

http://www.dexgate.com/htm/indexe.htm

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sipgate down again? Q UK VOIP 12 08-20-2007 04:39 PM
Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number Stuart Millington UK VOIP 8 06-14-2005 05:25 PM
sipgate down yet again Roger UK VOIP 5 05-27-2005 06:36 PM
Sipgate external gateway down - again Thomas Sandford UK VOIP 1 05-13-2005 09:21 PM
Problems at Sipgate AGAIN!! David Floyd UK VOIP 7 05-11-2005 02:49 PM



Advertisments