Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Switch between PSTN & PAP2 (using the same phone)

Switch between PSTN & PAP2 (using the same phone)

neousr@googlemail.com

Hi, as most of you are aware, Linksys PAP2 doesn't have an FXO
connector. My question is: Is there any device, like a splitter with a
switch, in a way I could connect my telephone set to it, and manually
be able to switch (like the old printers switches) to the line I want
to use? Thanks in advance

Thomas Kenyon

> Hi, as most of you are aware, Linksys PAP2 doesn't have an FXO
> connector. My question is: Is there any device, like a splitter with a
> switch, in a way I could connect my telephone set to it, and manually
> be able to switch (like the old printers switches) to the line I want
> to use? Thanks in advance

You should have probably bought an SPA 3000, since there's now a linksys
version (cost reduction model), It's quite cheap. (55.40 inc VAT from
redstore).

Although, the one I ordered from them on the 10th has still not been
despatched and they haven't responded to my emails.

neousr@googlemail.com

Thanks a lot, I already knew the new SPA3000 but I just make VoIP calls
2 or 3 times a week...so I didn't want to spend 30 extra quids. If I
don't find a "mechanical switch" I'll manually change the cables every
time I need to do a call..
Thanks anyway for your reply.

Scope

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thanks a lot, I already knew the new SPA3000 but I just make VoIP calls
> 2 or 3 times a week...so I didn't want to spend 30 extra quids. If I
> don't find a "mechanical switch" I'll manually change the cables every
> time I need to do a call..
> Thanks anyway for your reply.

Have a look at the "combine-a-line", I am using it on 2 VoIP lines and
it works great. Automatically switches incoming calls. Dont know how
well it works with a PSTN line though (but it should).

Tim

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Thanks a lot, I already knew the new SPA3000 but I just make VoIP calls
> 2 or 3 times a week...so I didn't want to spend 30 extra quids. If I
> don't find a "mechanical switch" I'll manually change the cables every
> time I need to do a call..

http://www.provu.co.uk/provu_ata1100.html

Would have done you.

It is a very simple ATA with FXS to FXO passthrough.
It has a button on the top that lets you easier switch between VoIP and
PSTN.

ProVu are only selling them through approved service providers.

Tim

Switch between PSTN & PAP2 (using the same phone) innoxiuss@gmail.com VOIP 0 03-26-2006 03:36 PM
Vonage/PAP2/Switch problems Dan M VOIP 4 10-27-2005 01:56 AM
VOIP % PSTN OR DUAL LINE Automatic switch Marc H.Popek VOIP 2 02-02-2005 03:50 PM
Re: VOIP PSTN or two line dsl autonomous telephone switch Marc H.Popek VOIP 0 10-31-2004 01:44 AM
VOIP PSTN or two line dsl autonomous telephone switch Marc H.Popek VOIP 0 10-31-2004 01:39 AM

Advertisments