Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Zoom x5v and Caller ID

Reply
Thread Tools

Zoom x5v and Caller ID

 
 
Steve @ Aceinternet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-25-2006
Hi

Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?

Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
Everything seems to be set up correctly.

Steve
--
================================================== ===================
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
================================================== ===================


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wavey Davey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2006
Steve @ Aceinternet wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
> work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?
>
> Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
> Everything seems to be set up correctly.
>
> Steve


Hi Steve,
I have a similar setup to you. I have a Zoom V3 and a Philips Dect 211,
which I use in voip only mode. When I initially bought my phone I found
I could only get Caller ID to work by going into the technical settings
of the phone and changing the Caller Identification type. So might be
worth checking the phone's settings rather than your voip hardware.

Dave
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve @ Aceinternet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-26-2006
> I could only get Caller ID to work by going into the technical settings of
> the phone and changing the Caller Identification type. So might be worth
> checking the phone's settings rather than your voip hardware.


Thanks Dave. I have not noticed any phone settings for caller ID, but I will
look again.
--
================================================== ===================
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e: (E-Mail Removed)
================================================== ===================


 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve @ Aceinternet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-27-2006
No settings on the phone for caller ID, but I would not want to change that
anyway, because PSTN caller id would not work then...

Any other ideas?

Steve

--
================================================== ===================
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e: (E-Mail Removed)
================================================== ===================


 
Reply With Quote
 
JW
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2006
Steve @ Aceinternet wrote:
> Hi
>
> Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
> work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?
>
> Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
> Everything seems to be set up correctly.
>


The Zoom has a config setting for CLID, though it may be
limited to either Bell or V.23 (sent after first ring), in
which case UK CLID (sent before ringing) is not an option.
You should check with Zoom support.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve @ Aceinternet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-29-2006
> The Zoom has a config setting for CLID, though it may be limited to either
> Bell or V.23 (sent after first ring), in which case UK CLID (sent before
> ringing) is not an option.


Yes, that's right, you can choose between Bell and V.23.

I did check with Zoom support (after tryign to get through all evening -
based in the US). Theys said "Caller ID will work fine with Global Village
VOIP."

I attempted to argue the situation and gave up.....

Looks like it'll be traded in soon for a different ATA

Steve

--
================================================== ===================
Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e: (E-Mail Removed)
================================================== ===================


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zoom X5V (Global Village) Mr Flipflops UK VOIP 2 10-09-2005 11:01 PM
Zoom X5V router Mark Ingle UK VOIP 6 07-14-2005 12:10 PM
Zoom X5v with Draytel? google@curvica.com UK VOIP 1 06-22-2005 01:56 AM
Zoom X5v with Voipbuster Daniel UK VOIP 0 06-06-2005 05:31 PM
Testing a new setup - Zoom X5V George Dishman VOIP 2 12-19-2004 12:24 PM



Advertisments