Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Putting outbound call to ISDN2e line on hold rings second ISDN channel

Putting outbound call to ISDN2e line on hold rings second ISDN channel

Linker3000

Has anyone else encountered the situation where if you put on hold an
outbound VoIP call that terminates at a phone connected to ISDN2e (via a
simple PBX), the SIP phone (or service provider?) makes a second call to
the destination number?

eg:

I have a SIP phone (Safecom 5000) on my desk, setup with voip.co.uk,
'under test' for a possible roll-out.

My office has a Euracom PBX connected to an ISDN2e service. There are 4
analogue phones in my office area connected to the PBX.

If I call the ISDN line number from the SIP phone, all analogue phones
ring as expected and I can pick up the call using the one on my desk.

If I put the call on hold by pressing the 'hold' button on the SIP
phone, after a few seconds there is another inbound call coming through
the ISDN PBX and all the phones behind me ring. If I pick up one of
these phones, there's no one there.

If I take the call off hold, it's resumed on the first analogue phone.

I have asked voip.co.uk about this and will also post on the Safecom
support site but I am posting here on the 'more the merrier' principle.

Thanks

Jono

Linker3000 pretended :
> Has anyone else encountered the situation where if you put on hold an
> outbound VoIP call that terminates at a phone connected to ISDN2e (via a
> simple PBX), the SIP phone (or service provider?) makes a second call to the
> destination number?
>
> eg:
>
> I have a SIP phone (Safecom 5000) on my desk, setup with voip.co.uk, 'under
> test' for a possible roll-out.
>
> My office has a Euracom PBX connected to an ISDN2e service. There are 4
> analogue phones in my office area connected to the PBX.
>
> If I call the ISDN line number from the SIP phone, all analogue phones ring
> as expected and I can pick up the call using the one on my desk.
>
> If I put the call on hold by pressing the 'hold' button on the SIP phone,
> after a few seconds there is another inbound call coming through the ISDN PBX
> and all the phones behind me ring. If I pick up one of these phones, there's
> no one there.
>
> If I take the call off hold, it's resumed on the first analogue phone.
>
> I have asked voip.co.uk about this and will also post on the Safecom support
> site but I am posting here on the 'more the merrier' principle.
>
> Thanks

Does the second call appear in the Call Data Record on the voip.co.uk
site?