Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > CLID problem with VOIP FXO port

CLID problem with VOIP FXO port

Peter Watson

I've got a Bulldog POTS line with CLI enabled and a couple of phones
with (working) CLI displays (C&W 2000 and Panasonic DECT)

Recently I've being trying VOIP and plugged the phone line into a Sipura
SPA-3000 FXO port. The SPA-3000 is then configured to pass incoming
calls to an Asterisk server and I've moved the DECT phone basestation to
the FXS port (configured as an extension on Asterisk) of the Sipura.
The Sipura correctly detects incoming numbers from the CLI and passes
this to Asterisk and displays OK on the DECT handset.

My limited understanding of CLI is that it is capable of passing both
name and number but that BT (and presumably Bulldog) don't make use of
the name field, except to pass Withheld, International etc. Presumably
the number field is then blank in these instances?

The problem I have is that the Sipura doesn't pass any CLI information
for Withheld or Number Unavailable calls but the C&W 2000 (still plugged
into the POTS line directly) displays this correctly. Is this normal or
is there a way of configuring the SPA-3000 to pass this info?

[Of interest to uk.telecom.voip only] I did have the FXS and FXS ports
of the Sipura setup as the same user (201) in Asterisk but this meant
that when the Sipura doesn't pass any CLI data at all, Asterisk sends
the 'name' of the extension 201 instead. I've got round this by setting
the PSTN port to be user 202 and setting up extension 202 and called it
'anonymous'. This means that all incoming calls that don't have a
number come up as 'Private Caller' on my Panasonic DECT phones.

Thanks for any info,

Peter

NoNeedToKnow

On 17 Mar 2006, Peter Watson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>[Of interest to uk.telecom.voip only]

Probably sums up the whole post, not just the last half.
I'd expect all keen VoIP users to watch u.t.v

Presenting CLID for Outgoing VOIP Calls on SPA3102 Mike Sun UK VOIP 7 11-28-2007 10:07 PM
2-FXS VoIP adapter versus 2-port FXO VoIP adapter? GS VOIP 5 04-19-2007 07:45 AM
FXO to FXO connection NeoN Cisco 1 12-19-2006 04:39 AM
VoIP Stunt CLID {{{{{Welcome}}}}} UK VOIP 3 08-16-2006 02:30 PM
Fw: VoIP Stunt CLID Jono UK VOIP 0 08-15-2006 07:48 PM

Advertisments