Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Any idea's

Any idea's

A newbie,

I have set up my Linksys PAP1 NA and I call out no problems at all.
I have an account with sipdiscount and i can make calls fine. BUT when i
call from my landline or mobile it does not connect (error in connection) is
the message on my Nokia, sometimes i hear a ring tone USA one but my sip
phone does not ring! If i call out on my sip phone to my mobile hang up then
call from my mobile to sip phone then it rings??

Any ideas.

Also is there a setting to change the constant ring tone to a very british
'ring ring'

Thanks

Sparks

"><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((><" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dW1Pf.93951$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
>A newbie,
>
> I have set up my Linksys PAP1 NA and I call out no problems at all.
> I have an account with sipdiscount and i can make calls fine. BUT when i
> call from my landline or mobile it does not connect (error in connection)
> is
> the message on my Nokia, sometimes i hear a ring tone USA one but my sip
> phone does not ring! If i call out on my sip phone to my mobile hang up
> then
> call from my mobile to sip phone then it rings??
>
> Any ideas.
>
> Also is there a setting to change the constant ring tone to a very british
> 'ring ring'
>
> Thanks

Is this PAP1 behind a router?

If so, have you forwarded the relevant ports, or put it in the DMZ zone
(after changing the admin passwords etc!)

Sparks...

Jono

Sparks wrote:

> Sparks...

How was down under?

Sparks

"Jono" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9XaPf.31603$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> Sparks wrote:
>

>> Sparks...

> How was down under?

Good thanks
and thanks to Asterisk, lots of free calls to/from home!

Of course, the only time the Asterisk box has crashed, was when I was there!
I managed to get someone to kick it for me though, been on and up for 3
months since

Sparks...

That seems to have fixed the problem, Many thanks for that. O have noticed
that now when i call the phone it rings, and when i hang up, my sip phones
carries on ringing and ringing, it does stop some time later about 30
seconda after i have hung up without answering the phone, Any ideas on this
prob.... Thanks for the help i am new to this and the group are really
helping thanks

Neil

Sparks

"><)))'> Orange Peel <'(((><" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZgnPf.94664$(E-Mail Removed). uk...
> That seems to have fixed the problem, Many thanks for that. O have noticed
> that now when i call the phone it rings, and when i hang up, my sip phones
> carries on ringing and ringing, it does stop some time later about 30
> seconda after i have hung up without answering the phone, Any ideas on
> this
> prob....

What ports have you forwarded to your PAP1, or did you DMZ it?

Sparks...

It was a PAP2 but I DMZ'd it !

Maybe nothing to do with it i also put at stunserver value in that i got
from sipdiscount.com website and their gatway address, but it is now working

I was also looking at the call back features *66 / Call waiting / call
fowarding etc. There are a lot of settings WOW it makes my head spin! I hope
you guys, can help out a novice with what might seem to you guys as easy.

Many thanks

Opeel

news:440e06ce$0$1176$(E-Mail Removed)...