Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > legal format of recording

legal format of recording

Crumb

Hi Group,

Does anyone know the law in regards to recordings in wav format and
also what electronic format is acceptable in a court of law in the UK.

Many Thanks

Ian

Rick Marks

On 4 Mar 2006 11:24:09 -0800, "Crumb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Group,
>
>Does anyone know the law in regards to recordings in wav format and
>also what electronic format is acceptable in a court of law in the UK.

For a criminal case I imagine you need something with a tamper-proof
embedded timecode (but IANAL). Try asking in uk.legal.

For evidential purposes ISTR that all/both parties need to know that a
call is being recorded - but check this. Otherwise a minimum of one
party needs to know, else it's a wiretap.