Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Incoming number on betamax companies

Incoming number on betamax companies

RH

Hi everyone

Got a quick question, with voipstunt etc offering free incoming numbers in
different countries, is it possible to choose a non UK number?
They list holland/switzerland etc but in order to get one I have to deposit
EURO 10 which I have no problem with as long as I know I can
choose the country for the incoming line

paul123

RH wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Got a quick question, with voipstunt etc offering free incoming numbers in
> different countries, is it possible to choose a non UK number?
> They list holland/switzerland etc but in order to get one I have to deposit
> EURO 10 which I have no problem with as long as I know I can
> choose the country for the incoming line

The numbers seem to be allocated according to your user address
details: registering yourself in London gets you a London number. I
have an account with a London number and my Dad has one with a
Cambridge number.

If you want a Swiss number, try putting your address as Bern, Zurich or
whatever. If there aren't numbers for the particular city that you put,
you might get allocated a non geo number (056 in the UK).

RH

> The numbers seem to be allocated according to your user address
> details: registering yourself in London gets you a London number. I
> have an account with a London number and my Dad has one with a
> Cambridge number.
>
> If you want a Swiss number, try putting your address as Bern, Zurich or
> whatever. If there aren't numbers for the particular city that you put,
> you might get allocated a non geo number (056 in the UK).

Thnaks for the feedback I just found out I had 3 cents on my voipbuster
account so
tried it out, I live in Swindon but was allocated a Nottingham numberwhich
was odd
but its all free so can not complain