Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Bluetalk ATA-386 Starter Pack

Bluetalk ATA-386 Starter Pack

Sparks

Hi,

Does anyone know if these are locked devices?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739

Thanks

Sparks...

Nick

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:18:34 -0000, "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know if these are locked devices?
>
>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739
>
>Thanks
>
>Sparks...

It's not that we don't care, but we don't know...25 quid is cheap, so
why don't you buy one and post the answer here! Good luck...

Thomas Kenyon

Nick wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:18:34 -0000, "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Does anyone know if these are locked devices?
>>
>>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Sparks...
>>

> It's not that we don't care, but we don't know...25 quid is cheap, so
> why don't you buy one and post the answer here! Good luck...

Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
Bluetalk?

Sparks

"Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsqeNf.55801$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nick wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:18:34 -0000, "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Does anyone know if these are locked devices?
>>>
>>>http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...uct_uid=101739
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Sparks...

>> It's not that we don't care, but we don't know...25 quid is cheap, so
>> why don't you buy one and post the answer here! Good luck...

> Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
> Bluetalk?

I have, and it should be here today

Watch this space!

Sparks...

Thomas Kenyon

Sparks wrote:
> "Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsqeNf.55801$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
>>Bluetalk?

> I have, and it should be here today
>
> Watch this space!
>
> Sparks...

Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

alexd

Thomas Kenyon wrote:

> Sparks wrote:
>> "Thomas Kenyon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsqeNf.55801$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Sounds great, who's going to start making bets that it is locked to
>>>Bluetalk?

>> I have, and it should be here today
>>
>> Watch this space!
>>
>> Sparks...
>>

> Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate on
how to unlock it.

20:12:47 up 35 days, 31 min, 4 users, load average: 0.29, 0.31, 0.21
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Sparks

>> Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

> Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate
> on
> how to unlock it.

I will, it didn't arrive today, hopefully tomorrow!

Sparks...

Sparks

"Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:440614af$0$1170$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Cool, please post here if it isn't locked.

>> Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate
>> on
>> how to unlock it.

> I will, it didn't arrive today, hopefully tomorrow!

I know the suspense is probably KILLING you here, but alas, eBuyer is living
up to it's reputation!
Paid for Priority Express Service, for delivery on 01-03-06

....still not here...

Shitty, sorry, Citylink allege it will be here tomorrow.

Sparks...

Sparks

"Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:440771f2$0$1167$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> news:440614af$0$1170$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Post here also if it is locked, so we know to avoid it, or can speculate
>>> on
>>> how to unlock it.

It appears to be a virgin HanyTone-386

Firmware is
My firmware is
Program-- 1.0.2.16
Bootloader-- 1.0.7.1
HTML-- 1.0.0.18
VOC-- 1.0.0.10

This seems to be the latest.

Before connecting it to the network I connected a telephone and changed the
unit to a static IP address, put in a non existent gateway, and changed the
TFTP server address to a non existent one.
(Dial *** 02 IP address (192.168.1.30 would be *** 20 192168001030
the * subnet mask then * Gateway then * DNS server then * TFTP Address

For example, to set the following...

IP Address - 192.168.1.30
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
DNS Server - 192.168.1.5
Default Gateway - 192.168.1.5
TFTP Server - 192.168.1.5

You would dial the following...

***02192168001030*255255255000*192168001005*192168 001005*192168001005
<Hangup>

I then connected my laptop to the unit (off the network, but that should not
matter, as the unit cant get out to the internet because the DNS Server and
default gateway are not valid addresses in my example) and logged into the
unit
The user password is the default "123" the admin password was also the
default "admin"

I then configured it for my asterisk server and then plugged it into my
network (Still with invalid default gateway and TFTP addresses as I don't
need them for my setup) all seems to work fine!

I then logged onto eBuyer to order another one, but it is now showing as
"Stock Overdue" - Bugger!!

Sparks...

alexd

Sparks wrote:

> I then logged onto eBuyer to order another one, but it is now showing as
> "Stock Overdue" - Bugger!!

Alas, eBuyer seem to have spotted the fatal flaw in their cunning plan.

22:49:14 up 37 days, 3:08, 3 users, load average: 0.30, 0.39, 0.31
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK