Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Atcom ATA any good?

Atcom ATA any good?

Geo

Has anyone any views on this ATA for use at home connected to DECT base unit:-
http://en.atcom.com.cn/down/catalog/168V.pdf

about £55 including postage & VAT from:-
http://www.ipchitchat.com/products/ipc-168.htm

Manufacture's web site:-
http://en.atcom.com.cn/En_products_AG168V.html

Geo

RH

"Geo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Has anyone any views on this ATA for use at home connected to DECT base
> unit:-
> http://en.atcom.com.cn/down/catalog/168V.pdf
>
> about £55 including postage & VAT from:-
> http://www.ipchitchat.com/products/ipc-168.htm
>
> Manufacture's web site:-
> http://en.atcom.com.cn/En_products_AG168V.html

I had one when which I got as a sample from china, Lots of different
companies in china sell the unit under the same name.

Plus Sides :
Firmware for them gets changed quite a lot with new features
Very configurable

Downsides:
Mine soon died
QA of firmware is very limited and sometime upgrading ata can kill it
Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

Clueless2

"RH" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dtkroq$mqd$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Geo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

Laws have changed in the last few years. No need to have BABT approval for
telephone equipment, but now need CE marked (which by the way can be
self-certified). The company I used to work for were responsible and always
sought independent test-labs to type approve their telecom equipment (EC
R&TTE, TBR22 and TBR10 seems to spring to mind, but as this is a good 3
years ago....).

¬Stephen Hammond

"
>> Not sure the phone is BT approved if you have the lifeline version

> Laws have changed in the last few years. No need to have BABT approval for
> telephone equipment, but now need CE marked (which by the way can be
> self-certified). The company I used to work for were responsible and
> always sought independent test-labs to type approve their telecom
> equipment (EC R&TTE, TBR22 and TBR10 seems to spring to mind, but as this
> is a good 3 years ago....).

So can you plug in a normal phone and switch between VOIP and PSTN by
dialling *

Stephen

Re: Atcom IP-001 Gordon Henderson UK VOIP 8 06-01-2010 05:51 PM
Atcom AT-320's on Ebay UK VOIP 41 08-07-2007 05:12 AM
Atcom AT-320 EE Thomas Kenyon UK VOIP 0 03-23-2006 12:18 PM
Atcom Au-100 F9 UK VOIP 0 06-29-2005 10:28 AM
Comunications ATA 186 to ATA 186 (without any gatekeeper or CallManager) SoGo VOIP 1 03-12-2005 07:39 AM

Advertisments