Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

Hiro

Paul, M.Dex

Have not read any of your posts above since they are largely irrelevant
to this discussion and probably reflect some kinda of issues between
the two of you. Frankly they should not even be on a newsgroup at all
but if you insist on advertising your differences please feel free to
start another new topic since it is free. Alternatively you can use
email or instant messaging or an arm wrestle to sort out your
differences.

Cheers

DJ

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writes
>On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:10:32 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>

>>To each their own, but I can think of better ways to spend the money,
>>myself.

>Point is Paul what do you do with the money when you are content with
>what you have got it is just stupid to hoard it up for someone else to
>take to the pub I worked and saved all my working life in order to
>enjoy the life I have now and I will be damned if I will leave it
>rotting in a bank.
>> And healthier ways. And I didn't suggest that the money saved by
>>not smoking should be spent on alcohol.

>What do you do with it when you have got all you want and need.
>>You just couldn't help but stick in a bit of sipgate-bashing, could you?

>Paul I just cannot think of ANY company that gave me the aggro that
>Sipgate did bloody useless end of story .
>>Between the sipgate bashing and the 0870 bashing, it surprises my that
>>any useful discussions happen in uk.telecom and uk.telecom.voip.

>Paul 0870 peddlers need bashing even Ivor will agree with me on that
>one , I got an email from a firm that Panda software had given my
>email address to which didn't go down very well with me for starters
>and the guy who sent it put on the bottom looking forward to herring
>from you please contact me on 0870 xxx xxx .
>I contacted him alright via email and gave him chapter and verse
>regarding his companies use of 0870's .

It seems this thread has spiralled off at a tangent, and maybe I was the
cause of this due to my mention of the 0870 rip-off.
As for Sipgate, I have followed several threads on this over the past
year or so. At first I thought that Sipgate was a reasonable service, I
have an account with them on my Asterisk box. Recently it has
deteriorated to very hit and miss. Sometimes I can make a call, others I
just get the network busy tone. I have set qualify to 4000mS and I still
get this in the log :-

Feb 23 03:56:07 NOTICE[147466]: Registration for '(E-Mail Removed)'
timed out, trying again
Feb 23 04:00:59 NOTICE[147466]: Peer 'sipgate' is now UNREACHABLE!
Feb 23 04:01:23 NOTICE[147466]: Peer 'sipgate' is now REACHABLE!
Feb 23 04:06:28 NOTICE[147466]: Peer 'sipgate' is now UNREACHABLE!
Feb 23 04:06:52 NOTICE[147466]: Peer 'sipgate' is now REACHABLE!
Feb 23 04:11:56 NOTICE[147466]: Peer 'sipgate' is now UNREACHABLE!

This makes me think that Sipgate have a serious problem with either
their network or server.
I don't have these problems with my other Sip accounts namely
Free World Dial Up, Voipuser, Voip, Internetcalls.

So Dex I agree that at the moment Sipgate is crap, maybe they will fix
the issues maybe not, who knows.

--
DJ

Peter Corlett

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Peter Corlett) wrote:
>> Lager is so much more expensive than bitter, so somebody must be raking
>> it in by ripping off the punters[0]. Rip-off Britain strikes again!

> About time the same song and dance [...]

Can you feel the hook in your mouth?

--
Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne.
- Quentin Crisp

alexd

Hiro wrote:

> Alternatively you can use email or instant messaging or an arm wrestle to
> sort out your differences.

The only downside to arm-wrestling is that it rarely results in death.

19:06:14 up 28 days, 23:24, 4 users, load average: 0.05, 0.11, 0.15
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

Ivor Jones

"DJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

[snip]

> This makes me think that Sipgate have a serious problem
> with either their network or server.
> I don't have these problems with my other Sip accounts
> namely Free World Dial Up, Voipuser, Voip, Internetcalls.
>
> So Dex I agree that at the moment Sipgate is crap, maybe
> they will fix the issues maybe not, who knows.

As I mentioned, they are in the process of adding new servers to cope with
the increase in loading recently. Hopefully this will cure the problem.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

"Mark McIntyre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:44:17 -0000, in
> uk.telecom.broadband , "Ivor Jones"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > > Presumably you all sit around in the pub muttering
> > > into your larger about it...

> > Larger what..? Another pint of real ale..? Don't mind
> > if I do

> I'm sorry, I forgot that the Welsh get their sarcasm
> detectors removed at birth

Oh I knew it was sarcasm, I just believe in a time and a place, this isn't
it.

FYI I'm a Londoner, blame my name on my parents.

Ivor

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:56:21 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>How you interpreted me saying "better ways to spend [it]" to mean "hoard
>it up" is something only you will able to understand.

Paul I didn't say I have everything I could ever want or wish for so
what is left except to hoard it up .

>Not spend it on being anti-social (re: smoking in
>particular). Et cetera.

So you amongst the many including myself don't go driving around the
country in your car blowing out nasty obnoxious fumes ! .
>I'll take that as a no.

I am not alone regarding my opinion of Sipgate .
>So Panda did something you consider bad (though you may well have given
>them permission to) so you vented on a personal peeve to some other company.

I people where to stop dialing 0870's companies and others would soon
get rid of them .

Paul Cupis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:56:21 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>How you interpreted me saying "better ways to spend [it]" to mean "hoard
>>it up" is something only you will able to understand.

> Paul I didn't say I have everything I could ever want or wish for so
> what is left except to hoard it up .

You have not been reading what I've been writing. Go back and read the
thread.