Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > sipgate

sipgate

Roger Barrett

anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

John DH

"Roger Barrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0i3Hf.39429$(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
> number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

Just checked mine, rings and rings, ignoring voicemail.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:36:12 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
>number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

Sipgate are well known for providing poor service more so than any
other voip provider in the UK perhaps even the world and you can bet
your boots they will all have gone off boozing somewhere at lunchtime
until Monday morning at the earlest.

Paul Cupis

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:36:12 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
>>number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

> Sipgate are well known for providing poor service more so than any
> other voip provider in the UK perhaps even the world and you can bet
> your boots they will all have gone off boozing somewhere at lunchtime
> until Monday morning at the earlest.

Roger, meet our resident sipgate-hater: Dexter.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:51:33 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:36:12 GMT, "Roger Barrett"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
>>>number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

>> Sipgate are well known for providing poor service more so than any
>> other voip provider in the UK perhaps even the world and you can bet
>> your boots they will all have gone off boozing somewhere at lunchtime
>> until Monday morning at the earlest.

>Roger, meet our resident sipgate-hater: Dexter.

Since when have you been a Sipgate supporter Paul I thought you
where a fan of a real voip provider " Voipfone"not a third rate one .

Paul Cupis

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:51:33 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>>Roger, meet our resident sipgate-hater: Dexter.

> Since when have you been a Sipgate supporter Paul I thought you
> where a fan of a real voip provider " Voipfone"not a third rate one .

I have never professed to be a fan or not of either sipgate or voipfone
or any other voip provider.

Not that any of your post actually addresses my previous post.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:24:53 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:51:33 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>>Roger, meet our resident sipgate-hater: Dexter.

>> Since when have you been a Sipgate supporter Paul I thought you
>> where a fan of a real voip provider " Voipfone"not a third rate one .

>I have never professed to be a fan or not of either sipgate or voipfone
>or any other voip provider.

Must have got you mixed up with someone else then .

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Paul Cupis:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:51:33 +0000, Paul Cupis <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> Roger, meet our resident sipgate-hater: Dexter.

>> Since when have you been a Sipgate supporter Paul I thought you
>> where a fan of a real voip provider " Voipfone"not a third rate one .

> I have never professed to be a fan or not of either sipgate or
> voipfone or any other voip provider.
>
> Not that any of your post actually addresses my previous post.

Plus Sipgate is a real VoIP Provider, other than the odd one or two hiccups it
is and excellent service.

Paul

"Roger Barrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0i3Hf.39429$(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other sip
> number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.

I'm happy with Sipgate except for the fact that I have a few problems and
I've notified them of this. They responded immediately with a supposed
solution. This didn't work and I've since emailed them 3 times asking for
further assistance - without any acknowledgement or reply!!!

Problems are:

1. Voicemail used to work - now (all of a sudden) doesn't (that is calls are
not passed on to voicemail when the stated number of seconds ringing has
elapsed - simply lose the ringing tone and line goes silent). (Looks like a
fault at their end, especially as voicemail used to work perfectly and I've
done nothing to the system or setup - it just suddenly ceased to work)!

2. New SMS service not working - I can't send an SMS via the web site (even
though the system takes my money) - nothing arrives at the UK mobile
concerned. (This HAS to be a fault at their end)?

3. Can't access the voicemail setup menu (to listen to messages or record a
personal greeting) via my Sipgate phone (50000). Just get the recorded
message at their end and nothing happen when I press 0 or 1 (for example).
CAN do this from an ordinary line dialling the 0207 number. They did say to
change DTMF to 'info' on my Linksys PAP2 ATA but this (surprisingly - as
it's a standard problem, apparently) has NOT done the trick.

Can anyone throw any light or offer any suggestions?

I'm not a professional Sipgate knocker, incidentally - all I want is a
system which works and they are failing to respond to my requests for help
after a single unsuccessful attempt!

Many thanks.

Paul

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Paul:
> "Roger Barrett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0i3Hf.39429$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> anyone else having problems. I cant call PSTN and if I ring my other
>> sip number it rings briefly and diverts straight to voicemail.
>>

> I'm happy with Sipgate except for the fact that I have a few problems
> and I've notified them of this. They responded immediately with a
> supposed solution. This didn't work and I've since emailed them 3
> times asking for further assistance - without any acknowledgement or
> reply!!!
> Problems are:
>
> 1. Voicemail used to work - now (all of a sudden) doesn't (that is
> calls are not passed on to voicemail when the stated number of
> seconds ringing has elapsed - simply lose the ringing tone and line
> goes silent). (Looks like a fault at their end, especially as
> voicemail used to work perfectly and I've done nothing to the system
> or setup - it just suddenly ceased to work)!
> 2. New SMS service not working - I can't send an SMS via the web site
> (even though the system takes my money) - nothing arrives at the UK
> mobile concerned. (This HAS to be a fault at their end)?
>
> 3. Can't access the voicemail setup menu (to listen to messages or
> record a personal greeting) via my Sipgate phone (50000). Just get
> the recorded message at their end and nothing happen when I press 0
> or 1 (for example). CAN do this from an ordinary line dialling the
> 0207 number. They did say to change DTMF to 'info' on my Linksys PAP2
> ATA but this (surprisingly - as it's a standard problem, apparently)
> has NOT done the trick.
> Can anyone throw any light or offer any suggestions?
>
> I'm not a professional Sipgate knocker, incidentally - all I want is a
> system which works and they are failing to respond to my requests for
> help after a single unsuccessful attempt!
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Paul

Setting DTMF Tx Method to Info should do the trick, try setting in the
regional settings DTMF Playback Length to 1.2 (experiment) and DTMF Playback
Level to -7.

--
For 5 when referred to easyMobile contact me via
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk

2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..? Ivor Jones VOIP 54 02-04-2005 01:20 PM
Sipgate down..? Ivor Jones VOIP 0 01-30-2005 11:48 PM
Router Recommendation for Sipgate and Sipura-2000? John Geddes VOIP 3 01-19-2005 06:30 AM
Sipgate Grandstream HandyTone-286 + Arcor DSL 1 Mbit Jan VOIP 6 06-25-2004 01:22 PM

Advertisments