Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > textio error

textio error

Pasacco

I am learning using textio library.
I have source code and test bench. Both of them are compiled well.
Test bench looks like below.

-------------------------
architecture
file AAA : TEXT open READ_MODE is "text.txt";
begin
process
begin
while NOT (endfile(AAA)) loop -- here occurs error
-------------------------

I am using modelsim and met the following error message. It is strange
that it tries to open VHDL file instead of TXT file...and also strange
because there IS a text file in the directory.....

Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "text.txt" in r mode.
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

If someone has this experience, let us know how to solve...

Thankyou

Ralf Hildebrandt

Pasacco wrote:

> Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "text.txt" in r mode.
> # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

Specify the complete path for the file - not only it's name.

e.g.:
file AAA : TEXT open READ_MODE is "/home/userX/folderY/text.txt";

Ralf

Alan

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Ralf Hildebrandt
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>Pasacco wrote:

>> Fatal: (vsim-7) Failed to open VHDL file "text.txt" in r mode.
>> # No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)

>Specify the complete path for the file - not only it's name.
>
>e.g.:
>file AAA : TEXT open READ_MODE is "/home/userX/folderY/text.txt";

Some tools don't like white spaces in the names of files or directory
paths. It is better to always use names like 'my_directory' with an
underscore rather than 'my directory' with a space in the name.

--
Alan
(E-Mail Removed)

Pasacco