Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Fritz Fon Ata - Firmware to convert German to English

Fritz Fon Ata - Firmware to convert German to English

mackeyuk

Hi All,

I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded the
English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.

I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
gültige Firmware."

The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image

Can anyone help me out?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh mackeyuk:
> Hi All,
>
> I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
> convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded
> the English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
>
> I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
> gültige Firmware."
>
> The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image
>
> Can anyone help me out?

"Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät gültige Firmware."

The indicated file does not contain firmware valid for your equipment

Henk van Andel

news:8_NCf.10853$(E-Mail Removed) k...
> Thus spaketh mackeyuk:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
>> convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded
>> the English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
>>
>> I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
>> gültige Firmware."
>>
>> The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image
>>
>> Can anyone help me out?

> "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät gültige Firmware."
>
> The indicated file does not contain firmware valid for your equipment

Try www.ip-phone-forum.de for hints.
Try your luck in German, althought sometimes you may find some English,
particularly for such subjects as changing firmware from German to Enlish.
Here is a more specific link for you:
http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361

By the way, AVM is making it as difficult as possible changing from German
to English. I have a trial 7050 from the Benelux/France rep, but it was
German. No problem for me, exept it does not have the international dialling
for e.g. VoIPBuster. So I asked the EN firmware, did not get it but he sent
me an English one. Anyway, on the forum mentioned above seem to be some
succesful cases.

Good luch!

Grz Henk van Andel

mackeyuk

Thanks for the pointers guys.

I have read quite a few posts and it looks like I first have to unbrand
the ATA from freenet. I have managed to download the relevant .tar
files, but can not find any clear instuctions on how to use them. Can
anyone help me out?

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
"mackeyuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
> convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded the
> English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
>
> I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
> gültige Firmware."
>
> The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image

Just in case the message isn't clear, it reads "the chosen file does not
contain valid firmware for your device".

Henry Fartknocker III

The hardware in the UK version is also different than the German versions.

You can exchange the 7050 at AVM - they do that for our customers in The
Netherlands ....

regards

XeloQ

www.xeloq.com

"Henk van Andel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43dbd537$0$13774$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:8_NCf.10853$(E-Mail Removed) k...
>> Thus spaketh mackeyuk:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have bought a Fritz Fon ATA from a German supplier and want to
>>> convert the language of the software to English. I have downloaded
>>> the English firmware from the website but it refuses to load.
>>>
>>> I get the error "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät
>>> gültige Firmware."
>>>
>>> The firmware I have tried is fritz.box_fon_ata.en.11.03.98.image
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me out?

>> "Die angegebene Datei enthält keine für Ihr Gerät gültige Firmware."
>>
>> The indicated file does not contain firmware valid for your equipment

> Try www.ip-phone-forum.de for hints.
> Try your luck in German, althought sometimes you may find some English,
> particularly for such subjects as changing firmware from German to Enlish.
> Here is a more specific link for you:
> http://www.ip-phone-forum.de/forumdisplay.php?f=361
>
> By the way, AVM is making it as difficult as possible changing from German
> to English. I have a trial 7050 from the Benelux/France rep, but it was
> German. No problem for me, exept it does not have the international
> dialling for e.g. VoIPBuster. So I asked the EN firmware, did not get it
> but he sent me an English one. Anyway, on the forum mentioned above seem
> to be some succesful cases.
>
> Good luch!
>
> Grz Henk van Andel

FRITZ!Box Fon ata 1020 - only one SIP call at a time user #48853 UK VOIP 1 12-13-2008 06:14 PM
AVM Fritz!Box Fon ATA - How to modify firmware via Telnet ugurunnu UK VOIP 0 11-06-2007 02:03 PM
FRITZ!Box Fon ata Adrian UK VOIP 15 04-13-2007 03:34 PM
Fritz Box Fon ATA - Bad echos on line mackeyuk UK VOIP 1 03-13-2006 04:37 PM
New firmware for AVM Fritz!Box Fon Ivor Jones UK VOIP 9 03-04-2006 10:41 PM

Advertisments