Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Cheap small SIP handset?

Cheap small SIP handset?

Martin

Anyone know of a good cheap IP handset? Ideally something small that I
can take on the road.

So far, just found the GrandStream BT-101 at 45 quid - anyone here used
that one?
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/pro...?products_id=1

Cheers,

- Martin.

peter

Martin wrote:
> Anyone know of a good cheap IP handset? Ideally something small that I
> can take on the road.
>
> So far, just found the GrandStream BT-101 at 45 quid - anyone here used
> that one?
> http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/pro...?products_id=1
>

> Cheers,
>
> - Martin.

If you can live with a USB-thingy to be plugged into a computer, then
have a look at the F2K USB-stick & audio-device from
http://www.mplat.com/ I have X-LIte installed on it and it works just
fine. I got mine from Canada 5 days after ordering.

Martin

peter wrote:

> Martin wrote:
>> Anyone know of a good cheap IP handset? Ideally something small
>> that I can take on the road.
>>
>> So far, just found the GrandStream BT-101 at 45 quid - anyone here
>> used that one?
>> http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/pro...?products_id=1
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> - Martin.

> If you can live with a USB-thingy to be plugged into a computer, then
> have a look at the F2K USB-stick & audio-device from
> http://www.mplat.com/ I have X-LIte installed on it and it works
> just fine. I got mine from Canada 5 days after ordering.

Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

Rob Nicholson

> Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
> connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
> don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

I'd be interested in this as well - need a couple to evaluate VOIP PBX
systems.

Cheers, Rob.

ytgyazilim@gmail.com

Two days ago I purcahased the pnone and it works like a charm. I
recommend it...

Rob Nicholson wrote:
> > Thanks, but I was really looking for a handset with 10/100 Ethernet
> > connectivity. There are lots of PC-based products free of charge, but I
> > don't like that solution myself, in terms of practicality and security.

> I'd be interested in this as well - need a couple to evaluate VOIP PBX
> systems.
>
> Cheers, Rob.

Nick Ward

This one looks interesting (only just read the review but seems worth
passing on):

http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Li...view_2834.html

Adrian

Nick Ward wrote:
> This one looks interesting (only just read the review but seems worth
> passing on):

http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Li...view_2834.html

The trouble with that one is, it's Skype, not SIP.

Nick Ward

Adrian wrote:
> Nick Ward wrote:
> > This one looks interesting (only just read the review but seems worth
> > passing on):
> >

> http://www.webuser.co.uk/products/Li...view_2834.html
>
> The trouble with that one is, it's Skype, not SIP.

True, but looked great for portability. Here's another one at
Amazon.com which supports SIP

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

Rob Nicholson

> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...Fencoding=UTF8

Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob Nicholson

> Wonder if DLink sell the same in the UK.

Hmm, don't think so - maybe not approved over here yet.

Cheers, Rob.

PS. Do phones still have to get approved? Seems a bit silly...

Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) - New Credit Refund / Expiry Rules - Input, Process, etc. News Reader UK VOIP 6 08-28-2006 12:16 PM
BUMP - Finarea / Betamax (VoipStunt/Cheap/SIP Discount,etc.) - New Credit Refund / Expiry Rules - Input, Process, etc. News Reader UK VOIP 0 08-24-2006 03:33 PM
cheap lights, cheap setup.. systmster Digital Photography 8 03-14-2006 07:38 PM
New Cheap SIP/H.323 Phone. NEP VOIP 0 10-19-2005 02:37 PM
Where to get cheap SIP-Phones? Jan Bechtold VOIP 6 04-29-2004 05:35 PM

Advertisments