Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

ACR - Sipura SPA-3000

Brian A

Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
dialling *77 to no avail.
I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
prefer not to switch off the phone.
If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Andrew Gabriel

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.

Are these just one ring?
If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
night.

The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Brian A

On 13 Jan 2006 14:11:54 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Andrew
Gabriel) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.

>Are these just one ring?
>If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
>too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
>This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
>night.
>
>The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.

No landline connected but I did recently enable it - now disabled so
we'll see what happens now. Short rings timed at
2.56
3.47
4.56
5.57
The regularity looks like something automated. It could well be an ATA
fault. I will try updating the software anyway.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Jono

"Andrew Gabriel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43c7b52a$0$87290$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Brian A <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.

> Are these just one ring?
> If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
> too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
> This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
> night.
>
> The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.
>
> --
> Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for that! Once a week at 4am, all phones ring - Right PITA.

Alan Ramsay

Brian A wrote:
> Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
> or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
> I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
> dialling *77 to no avail.
> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
> prefer not to switch off the phone.
> If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
> The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the User1 tab,
there is an option "Block ANC setting" - setting this to YES on the
SPA-2002 stops any withheld calls; it sends a reject message out during
the SIP negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise and
forward the call to your not available destination (usually voicemail)
(Well, at least Gradwell recognise this).

What would be really nice is if the VOIP provider recognised the "406
Unaceptable" response and allow you to forward these to another
destination (such as an alternate VM greeting asking the caller to call
back without withholding their number).

Regards

Alan

Ivor Jones

"Alan Ramsay" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in message
news:7%Sxf.340$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

> Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the
> User1 tab, there is an option "Block ANC setting" -
> setting this to YES on the SPA-2002 stops any withheld
> calls; it sends a reject message out during the SIP
> negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise
> and forward the call to your not available destination
> (usually voicemail) (Well, at least Gradwell recognise
> this).

I just tried that on my SPA-2000 (on Sipgate) and got "The number you have
called has not been recognised" from my Telewest line. The SPA still rang
the connected phone though..!

Ivor

Alan Ramsay

Ivor Jones wrote:
> "Alan Ramsay" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote in message
> news:7%Sxf.340$(E-Mail Removed)
>
> [snip]
>
>> Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the
>> User1 tab, there is an option "Block ANC setting" -
>> setting this to YES on the SPA-2002 stops any withheld
>> calls; it sends a reject message out during the SIP
>> negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise
>> and forward the call to your not available destination
>> (usually voicemail) (Well, at least Gradwell recognise
>> this).

> I just tried that on my SPA-2000 (on Sipgate) and got "The number you have
> called has not been recognised" from my Telewest line. The SPA still rang
> the connected phone though..!
>
> Ivor

Not sure if it's the SPA 2002 or the way in which Gradwell handles the
406 response code; but it works "sweet as a nut" with them; it could
perhaps be worth asking SIPGATE how they handle the 406 response code
and see if they can do anything with it.

I'll certainly be asking Gradwell if they can provide an option when
they get the "406 unacceptable" to divert to an alternate number - if
Peter is reading this, perhaps he could comment.

Here's an extract of the SPA-2002 log so that you can see how it works -
I've obviously removed any identifiable parts from it:

[0:5060]<<193.111.xxx.yy:5082
SIP/2.0 200 OK
To: Main <sip:(E-Mail Removed):5060>;tag=2c81a967
From: Main <sip:(E-Mail Removed):5060>;tag=2495c6383503623bo0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.x.xxx:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-ec0a98d9
Call-ID: f0fde5ec-efc8a617@192.168.x.xxx
CSeq: 349 REGISTER
Contact: Main <sip:202xxxx@192.168.x.xxx:5060>;expires=25

[0]RegOK. NextReg in 24 (1)
RSE_DEBUG: unref domain, nat.gradwell.net
RSE_DEBUG: last unref for domain nat.gradwell.net
[0:5060]<<193.111.xxx.yy:5082
INVITE sip:202xxxx@82.37.xxx.xxx:5060 SIP/2.0
To: <sip8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@1 93.111.xxx.yy:5082>
From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=075 0e731
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
Contact: <sip:FKmjC1ZwbaN_7Rh7Na4sAnEuUcaozo.@193.111.xxx.y y:5082>
Max-Forwards: 70
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:53:52 GMT

[0:5060]->193.111.xxx.yy:5082
SIP/2.0 100 Trying
To: <sip8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@1 93.111.xxx.yy:5082>
From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=075 0e731
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Server: Sipura/SPA2002-3.1.5

*********************THIS IS WHERE THE 406 RESPONSE HAPPENS *********
[0:5060]->193.111.xxx.yy:5082
SIP/2.0 406 Not Acceptable
To:
<sip8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@1 93.111.xxx.yy:5082>;tag=1aadcfbce29d4687i0
From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=075 0e731

ACK sip:202xxxx@82.37.xxx.xxx:5060 SIP/2.0
To:
<sip8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@1 93.111.xxx.yy:5082>;tag=1aadcfbce29d4687i0
From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=075 0e731
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
CSeq: 348760171 ACK

[0:5060]<<193.111.xxx.yy:5082
NOTIFY sip:202xxxx@82.37.xxx.xxx:5060 SIP/2.0
To: <sip8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@1 93.111.xxx.yy:5082>
From: <sip:*(E-Mail Removed)>;tag=410b5119
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b077f22b81e0ae24ff77-1--d87543-
Call-ID: 2b0cc208d6cd230df00badcbe57ab3f5
CSeq: 1 NOTIFY
Contact: *
Max-Forwards: 70

Messages-Waiting: yes
Voicemail: 1/0
[0]MWI 1 1/0

Brian A

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:15:15 GMT, Alan Ramsay
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Brian A wrote:
>> Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
>> or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
>> I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
>> dialling *77 to no avail.
>> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
>> prefer not to switch off the phone.
>> If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
>> The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
>> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

>Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the User1 tab,
>there is an option "Block ANC setting" - setting this to YES on the
>SPA-2002 stops any withheld calls; it sends a reject message out during
>the SIP negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise and
>forward the call to your not available destination (usually voicemail)
>(Well, at least Gradwell recognise this).
>
>What would be really nice is if the VOIP provider recognised the "406
>Unaceptable" response and allow you to forward these to another
>destination (such as an alternate VM greeting asking the caller to call
>back without withholding their number).

I had tried the 'Block ANC setting' before with no luck. Now I think
I know why. If I call from either my Orange or BT mobile to my voip
line, preceeding the number with 141, to block my number, the CLI
still displays on the voip line. As a check, if I call from my BT
mobile to my Orange mobile and block the CLI it shows as a 'private
number'. Hence, my voip line picks up the blocked CLI whereas the
Orange mobile does not.
Then I asked a friend with a BT line to bloack his number with 141 and
to call me. His number came through unblocked.
I conclude:-
1. The 'withheld' calls I have been receiving are, indeed, the fault
of the ATA and not real calls at all.
2. I can see the callers CLI even if it is blocked.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.