Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Grandstream ATA 386 with sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?

Grandstream ATA 386 with sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?

paul123

Anyone got this combo working? Grandstream ATA 386 with
sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?

At first glance it would seem simple enough, but I ask as I want to set
this up for my Dad when I next see him.

(To expand - he also has a BT100 and an account at each of those 3
suppliers - my idea is to put voiptalk and sipdiscount on the 386 and
voipbuster on the BT100.)

The possible problem I foresee is this - sipdiscount uses stun and
voiptalk requires no stun.....

Logic suggests they can't both work together on this device? Any
comments?

Paul

Mr Flipflops

> Anyone got this combo working? Grandstream ATA 386 with
> sipdiscount/voipbuster and voiptalk?
>
> At first glance it would seem simple enough, but I ask as I want to set
> this up for my Dad when I next see him.
>
> (To expand - he also has a BT100 and an account at each of those 3
> suppliers - my idea is to put voiptalk and sipdiscount on the 386 and
> voipbuster on the BT100.)
>
> The possible problem I foresee is this - sipdiscount uses stun and
> voiptalk requires no stun.....
>
> Logic suggests they can't both work together on this device? Any
> comments?
>
> Paul

And the 386 connects through which router? My 486 (via a Linksys router) is
on sipdiscount, and does not need the stun server nor an outgoing proxy
configured. Incoming calls are not a concern for sipdiscount.

paul123

Mr Flipflops wrote:

> And the 386 connects through which router? My 486 (via a Linksys router) is
> on sipdiscount, and does not need the stun server nor an outgoing proxy
> configured. Incoming calls are not a concern for sipdiscount.

Thanks Mr Flipflops, that seems to work OK(ish) on my BT101 (similarish
firmware), but I find I get some calls that sound like they're ringing
but the destination phone doesn't actually ring. Others connect OK.
This is weird...
Oh, I'm using a Speedtouch 716g, but my Dad has a USRobotics (9003 I
think).

Anyway I'll be trying it all on the 386 this coming weekend. I'll let
you know the results.

Paul

paul123

Yes! Got both Sipdiscount and voiptalk going OK. Thanks for the tip.

Paul

Grandstream HT 386 + Voipstunt fuoricorsopavia UK VOIP 6 06-11-2006 11:59 AM
Bluetalk ATA-386 Starter Pack Sparks UK VOIP 37 03-18-2006 03:19 PM
ATA-386 and incoming calls Cogs UK VOIP 0 01-05-2006 05:45 PM
Handytone ATA 386 Ben Jones UK VOIP 6 12-04-2005 09:43 AM
Grandstream ATA and 1899 AlexDeag UK VOIP 6 05-29-2005 01:23 PM

Advertisments