Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Any OneTel Broadband users using X-Lite softphone?

Any OneTel Broadband users using X-Lite softphone?

techpro

Hi.

I'm using OneTel Broadband via an SMC Barricade 7404BRA, I have signed
up to voipuser.org and am using X-Lite version 1105c, which has support
for the VoIP CyberPhone handset, Software and handset work nicely, and
I can receive incoming calls to the 0844 number allocated to me by
voipuser.org. But when I try to make outgoing calls it just says
Connecting... for about 10 seconds, and then reports "804 Timeout".

I'm technically savvy, but I have spent hours trying everything I can
think of, including putting my computer in a DMZ and disabling the
Windows firewall, and the software still reports "Discovered Blocked
Firewall." This leads me to the conclusion that something in OneTel's
network is screwing it up. However, I don't have any way to bypass
their network to see if that is the case.

So, is anyone using X-Lite over OneTel Broadband. Alternatively, does
anyone know the solution to this problem? Googling on "X-LIte" and "804
Timeout" turns up a lot of pages, and I don't claim to have read all of
them, but nothing I have seen so far has been any help.

I have tried other SIP VOIP clients, but they all only partly work.
Voipcheap is the only one that works completely, but having bought the
Cyberphone handset I'd really like to use something that works with
that.
--
Julian