Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Mobile with WiFi and SIP client?

Mobile with WiFi and SIP client?

hairydog@despammed.com

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:04:24 -0000, "www.payasyougo.me.uk"
<webmaster@(remove_the_spam)simcard.me.uk> wrote:

>The I-mate JASJAR GSM/GPRS/3G can run skype with WIFI

Skype is not SIP. It is a non-standard proprietary VOIP protocol.
There are standard SIP clients for PocketPC you can use, though.

--

Iain
the out-of-date hairydog guide to mobile phones

Martin²

JC:
>We've tested the Orange M2000 with the Xten client which seemed to
>work but we were plagued with audio glitches,

It probably needs WiFi router with QoS (priority for VoIP traffic).
Regards,
Martin