Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Mobile with WiFi and SIP client?

Mobile with WiFi and SIP client?

unobtrusive@gmail.com

[ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
applicable, I think. ]

Hi,

Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
VOIP?

Cheers.

www.payasyougo.me.uk

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> [ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
> applicable, I think. ]
>
> Hi,
>
> Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
> functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
> VOIP?
>
> Cheers.

The I-mate JASJAR GSM/GPRS/3G can run skype with WIFI
www.experimentalist.co.uk

--

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/experimentalist-co-uk Will post worldwide.
www.simcard.me.uk Local Pre Pay Sim Cards. Mobile Phones - Satellite Phones

paul123

> Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
> functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
> VOIP?

voiptalk and sipgate both sell the UTS wifi sipphone around a hundred
squid (sipgate price includes vat, voiptalk doesn't):
http://www.sipgate.co.uk/catalog/pro...products_id=20
http://www.voiptalk.org/products/UTS...+WiFi+IP+Phone

Paul

paul123

Sorry, that UTS wifi sip phone isn't a mobile as well - probably not
what yer after.

Paul

Ned Abell

In article
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> [ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip
> because its applicable, I think. ]

> Hi,

> Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with
> mobile functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to
> run a SIP client for VOIP?

Qtek 2020i PDA with PocketPC 2003 has WiFi, runs SJphone and
Skype and is also a GSM mobile phone. Also Google for PDAs
with the codenames Himalaya and Andes

--
besters
Ned

(this email address is unused)

JC

On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>[ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
>applicable, I think. ]
>
>Hi,
>
>Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
>functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
>VOIP?
>
>Cheers.

Are you talking about SIP for voice or the collaboration features?

I notice a lot of responses about devices that will run Skype, which is
fine except that Skype is not run on the SIP protocol.
--

Regards

John [Essex, UK]
Remove the obvious spamtrap to reply

Ned Abell

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
JC <johncalias-newsgroupsATyahooD0TcoD0Tuk> wrote:
> On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> >[ Cross posted to uk.telecom.mobile and uk.telecom.voip because its
> >applicable, I think. ]
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
> >functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
> >VOIP?
> >
> >Cheers.

> Are you talking about SIP for voice or the collaboration
> features?

> I notice a lot of responses about devices that will run
> Skype, which is fine except that Skype is not run on the
> SIP protocol.

SJPhone is SIP

--
besters
Ned

(this email address is unused)

Martin²

Any Windows based smartphone that can accept a WiFi card.
You can run X-Lite for Pocket PC (SIP) or Skype.
Regards,
Martin

JC

On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
>functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
>VOIP?

We've tested the Orange M2000 with the Xten client which seemed to
work but we were plagued with audio glitches, something to do with the
WiFi stack apparently. Skype on the same phone was fine strangely, but
was, well, Skype.... Anyone tried Xten or another SIP client on a
newer phone?

Rgds
Jonathan

Jon

(E-Mail Removed) declared for all the world to hear...
> On 16 Dec 2005 01:55:44 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >Are there any mobiles (or PDA or other such device with mobile
> >functionality) that have Wi-Fi and the ability to run a SIP client for
> >VOIP?

> We've tested the Orange M2000 with the Xten client which seemed to
> work but we were plagued with audio glitches, something to do with the
> WiFi stack apparently. Skype on the same phone was fine strangely, but
> was, well, Skype.... Anyone tried Xten or another SIP client on a
> newer phone?

I'd love to try the Xten client, but they don't seem to offer trial-
version.
--
Regards
Jon