Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Accessing Asterisk@home remotly

Reply
Thread Tools

Accessing Asterisk@home remotly

 
 
Sparks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2005
Okay, here is the situation...

I live in the UK and have setup an asterisk@home server at home.
I am currently in New Zealand visiting family, but have brought my Linksys
PAP2 + a DECT phone and my laptop with me.

I am trying, without much success, to get the PAP2 to connect to my asterisk
box at home so I can receive calls from my BT line here (and make them if I
wish)

I have a router both ends, and can port forward what I want.
Asterisk has the line "externip=MY WAN IP ADDRESS" in the sip.conf and can
happily connect to Sipgate, 18866, voipbuster to name a few.

What ports do I need to forward on both routers, and what settings do I need
to change on the PAP2 (It is currently setup to work on my internal LAN (and
does work there fine)
I have tried forwarding port 5060 on the NZ router, and changing the server
the pap2 tries to contact from the internal IP of my AAH box, to the router
the AAH box is connected to, but it doesn't work

I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the AAH
box.
5030-5070 UDP
8000-8010 UDP
4560-4570 UDP
10000-20000 TCP & UDP

Thanks for any pointers!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
davew
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-15-2005
Sparks wrote:
> Okay, here is the situation...
>
> I live in the UK and have setup an asterisk@home server at home.
> I am currently in New Zealand visiting family, but have brought my Linksys
> PAP2 + a DECT phone and my laptop with me.
>
> I am trying, without much success, to get the PAP2 to connect to my asterisk
> box at home so I can receive calls from my BT line here (and make them if I
> wish)
>
> I have a router both ends, and can port forward what I want.
> Asterisk has the line "externip=MY WAN IP ADDRESS" in the sip.conf and can
> happily connect to Sipgate, 18866, voipbuster to name a few.
>
> What ports do I need to forward on both routers, and what settings do I need
> to change on the PAP2 (It is currently setup to work on my internal LAN (and
> does work there fine)
> I have tried forwarding port 5060 on the NZ router, and changing the server
> the pap2 tries to contact from the internal IP of my AAH box, to the router
> the AAH box is connected to, but it doesn't work
>
> I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the AAH
> box.
> 5030-5070 UDP
> 8000-8010 UDP
> 4560-4570 UDP
> 10000-20000 TCP & UDP
>
> Thanks for any pointers!
>
>


Try adding:
Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Sparks
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2005

>> I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the
>> AAH
>> box.
>> 5030-5070 UDP
>> 8000-8010 UDP
>> 4560-4570 UDP
>> 10000-20000 TCP & UDP
>>
>> Thanks for any pointers!

>
> Try adding:
> Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
> Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP



Still no joy

I can connect to sipgate with the pap2 no problmes, so the router the NZ end
is obviously ok.
I have two broadband coccections, and have just tried switching the
connection the Asterisk box uses and configured this router to port forward
the relevent ports, stil no joy

Any other suggestions!


Sparks...


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jono
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-18-2005

"Sparks" <this.is@invalid> wrote in message
news:43a4f734$0$255$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>> I have the following ports on the AAH router (at home) forwarded to the
>>> AAH
>>> box.
>>> 5030-5070 UDP
>>> 8000-8010 UDP
>>> 4560-4570 UDP
>>> 10000-20000 TCP & UDP
>>>
>>> Thanks for any pointers!

>>
>> Try adding:
>> Port: 5004 / UDP (RTP, language)
>> Port 8011 - 8019 / UDP

>
>
> Still no joy
>
> I can connect to sipgate with the pap2 no problmes, so the router the NZ
> end is obviously ok.
> I have two broadband coccections, and have just tried switching the
> connection the Asterisk box uses and configured this router to port
> forward the relevent ports, stil no joy
>
> Any other suggestions!
>
>
> Sparks...
>


Make sure your sip.conf looks something like this:

[general]

port = 5060 ; Port to bind to (SIP is 5060)
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0 ; Address to bind to (all addresses on machine)
disallow=all
externip=123.456.7.8 ;this should be your public IP address
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 ; modify, depending on Router's subnet
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context = from-sip-external ; Send unknown SIP callers to this context
callerid = Unknown
canreinvite=no
progressinband=yes

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_additional.conf


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it possible to instantiate an object in Bin folder of a web application remotly? Ray5531 ASP .Net 14 05-05-2005 05:48 AM
How to get the path of remotly run application by knowing the port number sundy.jk@gmail.com Java 3 04-05-2005 05:40 AM
remotly control a clients desktop,to repair and service ? du ah A+ Certification 4 01-25-2005 12:54 AM
get MBeanServer remotly jajoo Java 0 11-23-2004 07:37 PM
RE: Accessing applications on each computer using wireless networking =?Utf-8?B?bW8=?= Wireless Networking 0 09-14-2004 10:27 PM



Advertisments