Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > USB PHONE

USB PHONE

Joao Saraiva

Dear Group
I am considering to buy a usb phone to go with my SkypeOut subscription (a
bit fed up with headphones etc)...

Any model specially good or on the contrary to avoid ? I am looking for a
mid price range one ...

Thanks for any help / hint

JS

dincs

It was Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:07:03 -0000, and Joao Saraiva popped the nose
over the fence around uk.telecom.voip, and said...
|Dear Group
|I am considering to buy a usb phone to go with my SkypeOut subscription (a
|bit fed up with headphones etc)...
|
|Any model specially good or on the contrary to avoid ? I am looking for a
|mid price range one ...
|
|Thanks for any help / hint
|
|JS

I can suggest you to buy the "USB (Skype) VoIP Internet LCD Phone" on this
page : http://www.picstop.co.uk/Skype-USB-VOIP-Phone.
Tried the grey one (they're all the same), good quality, reliable, cheap
and Skype-ready. Very satisfied and at 16.90 quid with VAT is a very good
price (I know someone is gonna bash my with other - lower - prices, but
it's just the result of a quick Google...).

N.B. I'm not involved in that website in any manner, but I'm very satisfied
with the phone in itself, running through a USB 1.1 connection on a PIII
500 Mhz, XP PRO SP2, 4Mb cable. Thumbs up!
--
dincs The Y2K Druid
I'm watching you...

Paul Westwell

www.voipvoice.com

Or off the Skype website
http://accessories.skype.com/basket?...0&new_lines=-1
(much cheaper off dabs.co.uk)

CyberphoneK is excellent.

Regards,

Paul

"Joao Saraiva" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dmt8en$5q8$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Dear Group
> I am considering to buy a usb phone to go with my SkypeOut subscription (a
> bit fed up with headphones etc)...
>
> Any model specially good or on the contrary to avoid ? I am looking for a
> mid price range one ...
>
> Thanks for any help / hint
>
> JS

hairydog@despammed.com

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:07:03 -0000, "Joao Saraiva"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dear Group
>I am considering to buy a usb phone to go with my SkypeOut subscription (a
>bit fed up with headphones etc)...
>
>Any model specially good or on the contrary to avoid ? I am looking for a
>mid price range one ...

Best try to get one that is able to work on proper SIP VOIP systems,
because it looks as if Skype is going to be overtaken pretty soon.
Ebay must be daft!
--
Visit the Hairydog Guide to Mobile Phones
http://www.hairydog.co.uk/cell1.html

Doz

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:07:03 -0000, Joao Saraiva wrote:

> Dear Group
> I am considering to buy a usb phone to go with my SkypeOut subscription (a
> bit fed up with headphones etc)...
>
> Any model specially good or on the contrary to avoid ? I am looking for a
> mid price range one ...
>
> Thanks for any help / hint
>
> JS

I use a skype certified CyberphoneK - you just have to install a little plugin
for it to work with Skype.