Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

Brian A

Has anyone heard any further news on the voicemail front for
voip.co.uk? - or call forwarding for that matter.
Voicemail was supposed to be fixed last weekend.
I haven't seen any signs that it has moved any further forward.
I've also retried setting up v<voicemail ID>@voicemail.voip.co.uk
as a forward (Cfwd No Ans Dest but that doesn't work still.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
>Has anyone heard any further news on the voicemail front for
>voip.co.uk? - or call forwarding for that matter.

No!

I intend to contact Theo on Monday.

I'm not very happy, having forked out 19.99 for the advertised
services, most of which don't work.

David

Brian A

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:35:34 +0000, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In message of Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
>>Has anyone heard any further news on the voicemail front for
>>voip.co.uk? - or call forwarding for that matter.

>No!
>
>I intend to contact Theo on Monday.
>
>I'm not very happy, having forked out 19.99 for the advertised
>services, most of which don't work.

Even worse for me - I did the 10 top up as well.
Even so I am happy with the reliability service itself but I would
like the advertised facilities to work. If forwarding worked I could,
presumably, diverted to another sip address (??) for voicemail.
With voip.co.uk it could be a case of non-technical pushing out the
boat leaving the technical people to sort out the mess. They did
launch far too soon Theo intimated that the voicemail would be ready
last weekend. I know, because I write software myself, that it takes a
considerable time to get things up and running properly. Most people
don't have even the slightest appreciation of the level of work
involved. The simplicity (and smoothness) of operation of the software
is usually inversely proportional to the level of work involved.
I do think though, that it is unwise to give dates and then not
deliver. From my experience it is best, if you really do have to give
a date, to make it well ahead of when you expect to deliver. If you
are early people are very pleased...late and they are definitely not.
Theo did say, in an email, that it should be possible to do a
'forward', as I described earlier but the system can't find my
voicemail box - it does connect to the voicemail service though.
No doubt, David, you will post the outcome of your communication on
Monday.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

David Floyd

In message of Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Brian A writes
>On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 16:35:34 +0000, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>Even so I am happy with the reliability service itself but I would
>like the advertised facilities to work. If forwarding worked I could,
>presumably, diverted to another sip address (??) for voicemail.
>With voip.co.uk it could be a case of non-technical pushing out the
>boat leaving the technical people to sort out the mess. They did
>launch far too soon Theo intimated that the voicemail would be ready
>last weekend. I know, because I write software myself, that it takes a
>considerable time to get things up and running properly. Most people
>don't have even the slightest appreciation of the level of work
>involved. The simplicity (and smoothness) of operation of the software
>is usually inversely proportional to the level of work involved.
>I do think though, that it is unwise to give dates and then not
>deliver. From my experience it is best, if you really do have to give
>a date, to make it well ahead of when you expect to deliver. If you
>are early people are very pleased...late and they are definitely not.
>Theo did say, in an email, that it should be possible to do a
>'forward', as I described earlier but the system can't find my
>voicemail box - it does connect to the voicemail service though.
>No doubt, David, you will post the outcome of your communication on
>Monday.

Your comments are my thoughts exactly. That's why I haven't yet
complained. I have high hopes for this service, but I thought it was
unwise to give an expected date of delivery so quickly.

David

Dave Gill

David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Your comments are my thoughts exactly. That's why I haven't yet
> complained. I have high hopes for this service, but I thought it was
> unwise to give an expected date of delivery so quickly.

The problem with launching any service is you never know what your
customers *really* want until you've launched. And with VoIP you're
having to cope with the experimental brigade to boot. Vonage looked
like a polished offering right from the off in the UK, but they did
practice on the yanks first.