Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > PA168 VOIP Phone & Sipgate

PA168 VOIP Phone & Sipgate

me@there.com

I have signed up to sipgate and got my phone number and so on. I have
a Zoom X4 rout and a PA168 phone and can't get the phone to logon to
the sipgate server.

The wierd thing is that if I disable the protocol settings on the
phone, it logs on immediately and some of the numbers I have tried
dialling show up in the 'my account' page of sipgate's site.

I have had lots of mails from the support staff at sipgate but they
don't seem able to help.

The protocol settings are:

protocol: SIP
Use service: ticked
register ttl: 60 (they suggested that I changed this to 600 but the
phone won't take the change)

service type: common
service address: sipgate.co.uk
service ID: sip

nat traversal: stun
nat addr: stun.sipgate.net:10000
nat ttl:30
phone number: my sip account number
account: my sip account number
pin: my sip password - not the web one but the one on the account page

register port: 5060
signal port: 5060
control port: 5060

jitter size: 0
rtp pos: 0
rtp port: 5004

local type: phone number
call type: normal
dtmf: control string

The router is set as it came out of the box and works OK.

What I can't understand is why it logs on if the protocol settings are
unticked and it appears I can dial out - but the number called dowsn't
respond, I have tried a mobile and my pstn number.

I would be grateful for any help/ideas.

Regards

Tim
tim(at)deltaslides.co.uk

me@there.com

I have just found out the the actual model number of the phone is:
JR168_100