Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > What 0800 number for testing

What 0800 number for testing

David Floyd

Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

Thanks
David

Mark Adamson

"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsf+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1...
> Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps an
> information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.
>
> Thanks
> David

I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)

Ivor Jones

"David Floyd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsf+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1
> Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls
> to. Perhaps an information line that the owner wouldn't
> mind being called.

I usually use the Orange info line, 0800 801080 but this has now changed
to 0800 079 5000.

Ivor

Geoff Winkless

Mark Adamson wrote:
> I cannot say whether they mind or not, but I have been known to call 0800
> 052 2000 (NTL support line, happy memories!)

That's ok, they'll never answer it anyway.

thoss

In article <of+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
>an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
0800, though.
--
Thoss

David Floyd

In message of Thu, 24 Nov 2005, thoss writes
>In article <of+1gFS$YYhDFw7R@127.0.0.1>, David Floyd
><(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>>Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
>>an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.
>>

>Depends what you want to test. If it's just the phone line, I use 1471
>to test for outgoing calls, and 1475 for incoming (for a BT line). Not
>0800, though.

Well, thanks for your reply, but since this is uk.telecom.voip that's
not really appropriate !!

DF

Mark

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 09:22:07 +0000, David Floyd <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can any one recommend a 0800 number that I can test calls to. Perhaps
>an information line that the owner wouldn't mind being called.

BT Newsline
0800 500005

Used mainly for staff but widely known about.